Lap Marker Notes?

Features that users would like to see in a future release of iSMARTtrain
feleven

Lap Marker Notes?

Post by feleven » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:34 am

I find being able to identify laps by some text string (15-20 characters is lots), as found in PT5, quite handy. In PT5, the string is displayed on the data graph just above the lap marker, at about a 10 degree right-leaning angle from vertical. If possible, could you add this feature some time in the future to iST?

For that matter, when importing PT5 files from a Win7 box to my MacBook Pro, what does your parser do with the lap marker notes in the file - just turf them, or keep them for a future feature? Just wondering.

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Lap Marker Notes?

Post by Stuart » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:14 pm

feleven wrote:I find being able to identify laps by some text string (15-20 characters is lots), as found in PT5, quite handy. In PT5, the string is displayed on the data graph just above the lap marker, at about a 10 degree right-leaning angle from vertical. If possible, could you add this feature some time in the future to iST?

For that matter, when importing PT5 files from a Win7 box to my MacBook Pro, what does your parser do with the lap marker notes in the file - just turf them, or keep them for a future feature? Just wondering.

Hi,
I'll look into it - at the moment, I think we just discard the notes from the .hrm file.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

feleven

Re: Lap Marker Notes?

Post by feleven » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:48 am

Hi Stuart - it turns out that the lap markers are only displayed on the data graph if the DISTANCE AS X-AXIS box is unchecked. Then the lap markers show up as full height vertical lines.

Also noticed that once the lap markers are visible, then the lap info pop-up is displayed when the cursor crosses the vertical lap line near / just above the x-axis, and stays visible for the duration selected in the PREFERENCES.

And, as a bonus, the Lap Marker Notes I entered while in PT5 on the PC show up in the lap marker pop-up box in iST. So you don't discard them, you appear to have a string buffer reserved for them in your session data structure.

The only changes I'd request now are:

1) either make the lap markers show up regardless of whether the x-axis is distance or time based; or make display of the lap markers a user preference, to have them displayed or not for either or both x-axis options.

2) don't make the lap markers go full height of the data graph: a simple tick mark on the x-axis is fine in my opinion. If others like it full height, how about a user preference check box or radio button for either "x-axis tick" or "full height line"?

3) I'd still like a short text string displayed on the data graph showing the lap marker note (or the first 12-15 chars of it) near the lap marker, instead of displaying the note inside of the pop-up box; again, perhaps this could be made a user preference for those who prefer a non-cluttered data graph without the notes displayed all the time.

Rod