Please add support for maps

Features that users would like to see in a future release of iSMARTtrain
arnold_charming

Please add support for maps

Post by arnold_charming » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:34 pm

Hi!

I've checked quite some of apps for analyzing your training data from different watches. Because only your supports my new watch, Polar RS300X I'm stucked with your program. I have to say it lacks some basic features compared to RubiTrack od Trailrunner but the most biggest feature I am missing is synchronization with Google or Bing Maps. That would be great and of coure a nice, friendlier interface. That Mac feeling.

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Please add support for maps

Post by Stuart » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:57 pm

arnold_charming wrote:Hi!

I've checked quite some of apps for analyzing your training data from different watches. Because only your supports my new watch, Polar RS300X I'm stucked with your program. I have to say it lacks some basic features compared to RubiTrack od Trailrunner but the most biggest feature I am missing is synchronization with Google or Bing Maps. That would be great and of coure a nice, friendlier interface. That Mac feeling.

Hi,
As far as I know, the RS300x doesn't actually store the latitude and longitude data necessary to map the route. The data stored is only the average for each session and the 'spot' speed, HR etc. at lap points.

What features do you feel iSMARTtrain is missing?

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

arnold_charming

Post by arnold_charming » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:20 am

Hi there!

I didn't know that my watch doesn't store the coordinates. Too bad :((( As I sad previously I'm missing Maps (before I have to buy a new watch :( ) and a more Mac style interface (more color, better organization, iPhone app etc.). Your competitors, I don't want to name them, have better UI then you and UI and they are more user friendly. But that's my opinion.

Raynay

Post by Raynay » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:02 pm

Hi there,

I'm using Runkeeper in combination with my iPhone. It would be nice if the Google map of Runkeeper could be added to iSmarttrain (as a png or jpg).

The basic functionality is "adding an image".

Furthermore, I would like an export to a website. Let Runkeeper.com inspire you.

Regards,
-Rene