Weight as a session value

Features that users would like to see in a future release of iSMARTtrain
lstelie

Weight as a session value

Post by lstelie » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:01 pm

Helo,

I run, not because I'm a champion (i'm very far from it) not because I'm a very high level sport guy (far from that) but becasue I love this and because this helps me to keep a correct body shape and weight (I tend naturally to get fat).
From time to time, for job reason I have to stay away from my runnng shoes for some days.
So my weight is not a fixed value.

For a real sport guy the weight is a fixed value
For me it is not (far rom that)

It wild be cool to have the ability to choose to set the weight on a per session basis (and if one find it useless, I would be cool to be also possible to set it a a fixed default value like it's currently the case)

Luc
MacBook Pro 15" 2,5Ghz core 2 duo
OS X 10.5.4
iSmartTrain v3.0
Polar RS800sd

Rusty Smith

Re: Weight as a session value

Post by Rusty Smith » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:39 pm

Luc - here is how I do what you are looking for:
1) in the menu bar, go to manage > manage keywords
2) in the keywords window, click on the "+" button to add a new keyword.
3) name the keyword "Weight" and set the units to "lbs" or "Kg" or "Stones", what ever you like.
4) Close the window.

Now, whenever you add a session, you can click on the "keywords" button in the session window and add your weight. If you just want to add a weight value in the calendar without having a workout session, just double click on the header of the day in the calendar to open the "day data" window and add the keyword there. Alternatively (this is what I do) add an activity (manage > manage activities) called "weight and just use that to record your weight. That way it is visible in the calendar. If you use this method, make sure that you tick off "include in totals" as it will be included in the tally of workouts for the week if you don't (Stuart, a feature request: allow users to decide the default condition of individual activities).

The best thing about using keywords to record weight is the graphing ability of keywords (view > keywords graph).
Rusty Smith
MacBook Pro (Unibody)
OS X 10.6.6
iSmartTrain v3.0.8 Beta 3
Polar Serial Adapter with Keyspan USA-19HS
Polar S625x
Polar cs200
Garmin Edge 500
Garmin Edge 800
Garmin Forerunner 310xt

lstelie

Post by lstelie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:31 pm

Rusty Smith wrote:Luc - here is how I do what you are looking for:
1) in the menu bar, go to manage > manage keywords
2) in the keywords window, click on the "+" button to add a new keyword.
3) name the keyword "Weight" and set the units to "lbs" or "Kg" or "Stones", what ever you like.
4) Close the window.

Now, whenever you add a session, you can click on the "keywords" button in the session window and add your weight. If you just want to add a weight value in the calendar without having a workout session, just double click on the header of the day in the calendar to open the "day data" window and add the keyword there. Alternatively (this is what I do) add an activity (manage > manage activities) called "weight and just use that to record your weight. That way it is visible in the calendar. If you use this method, make sure that you tick off "include in totals" as it will be included in the tally of workouts for the week if you don't (Stuart, a feature request: allow users to decide the default condition of individual activities).

The best thing about using keywords to record weight is the graphing ability of keywords (view > keywords graph).

Rusty

Thanks a lot, the solution was obvious.. i'm stupid.

Thanks !!

Luc
MacBook Pro 15" 2,5Ghz core 2 duo
OS X 10.5.4
iSmartTrain v3.0
Polar RS800sd

vicente

Post by vicente » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:34 pm

Hi,

I also like to track my weight over the season, as many of us. I have tried some of the options proposed before and all work well for me except for one of them: when I add my weight value to the "Day data" tab, it doesn't seem to be saved. It doesn't appear in graphs and when I come back to the "Day data" for that same day, the value has always dissapeared.

Is it only a problem for me? Can't be done as I do?

Thanks in advance.

Vicente

Rusty Smith

Post by Rusty Smith » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:11 pm

Vicente - it does work for me that way, so sorry I can't help...
Rusty Smith
MacBook Pro (Unibody)
OS X 10.6.6
iSmartTrain v3.0.8 Beta 3
Polar Serial Adapter with Keyspan USA-19HS
Polar S625x
Polar cs200
Garmin Edge 500
Garmin Edge 800
Garmin Forerunner 310xt