iPhone Support

Announcements and discussion of the beta releases of iSMARTtrain
pjritter

iPhone Support

Post by pjritter » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:31 pm

Greetings Stuart. iSmartTrain is the best athletic log I have ever used.

Any chance you will deliver a version for iPhone through the Apps Store that will synch with the desktop program? You could own this space, I am trying out several available apps but nothing to compare with iSmartTrain.

Thanks for your consideration!

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: iPhone Support

Post by Stuart » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:45 pm

Hi,
Yes, I'm thinking about this - obviously there wouldn't be any downloading capability, as there's no IR interface or access to the serial/USB port in the official iPhone API.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

pjritter

Post by pjritter » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:05 pm

That would be great! The ability to log wokouts daily on the iPhone and synch to desktop either over WiFi or server would be tremendous. I sometimes go for weeks before downloading HRM data to iSMARTtrain, but I like to keep my log current.

The Apps Store would be a great way to market the program and attract new users. It has truly become a platform unto itself. Thanks, Stuart.

jaimieblagg

Post by jaimieblagg » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:57 pm

Hi Stuart

Any news? I would love to be able update my diary on my iphone rather than having to wait for the wife/daughter to get off the computer. (it would be cheaper than buying a new computer for them)

Thanks jaimie ;)

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:29 pm

Hi Jamie,
Still a work-in-progress, I'm afraid. As I've posted elsewhere, the main hold-up is the sync'ing between the desktop app and the iPhone.

Regards

Stuart

jaimieblagg wrote:Hi Stuart

Any news? I would love to be able update my diary on my iphone rather than having to wait for the wife/daughter to get off the computer. (it would be cheaper than buying a new computer for them)

Thanks jaimie ;)

schwinnseth

Post by schwinnseth » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:05 pm

Are you any closer to iphone support?

yxcv

Post by yxcv » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:43 pm

Dear Stuart,

you wrote that Syncing of the Desktop App and Iphone App of Ismarttrain is the missing key feature.

Now with ios5 and icloud there should be a very comfortable way. Like mentioned here http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/10/ios-5-a5-processor-gaming/ third party developers have access to icloud using it as inter-device-syncing tool.

Best regards,
yxcv