Version 3.0.0 Beta 42

Announcements and discussion of the beta releases of iSMARTtrain
chronic triathlete

Version 3.0.0 Beta 42

Post by chronic triathlete » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:59 am

I'm not sure where to post this so I started a new topic. Maybe this is a bug or maybe I'm missing a setting...

In my sessions I'm specifying that I want my pace displayed in miles per hour. The app shows the correct calculation, but when I save it, pace is displayed as kilometers per hour in the Session Details window on the side. Also, if I open up the session up again the field has reverted to kilometers as well. I went to the Summary tab in the session entry window and changed the Data Units for Distance Speed to miles, but it has no effect.

Lastly, I've also noticed that sometimes the calculation for pace is sometimes way off. For example it told me tonight that I did my 1 hour ride at 900 miles per hour! I can't seem to replicate this error consistently. Not sure what's setting it off.

FYI... all of the above happens with manual and downloaded Polar data.

Great product. Keep up the great work
~ Chronic Triathlete

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Version 3.0.0 Beta 42

Post by Stuart » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:54 am

Hi,
While it sounds like there's definitely a bug there (especially with the 900 mph!), a couple of points to note:

The units used for the speed and distance of a sport are set in the 'Manage Activities' dialog in the 'Manage' menu. The ability to change the units i the 'Add Session' dialog is a convenience feature so that, for example, if you prefer to have your running in miles, but you've just run a 10k, you can simply enter '10 km' as the distance, instead of having to work out that it's 6.2 miles.

Hope that helps,

Regards

Stuart

chronic triathlete wrote:I'm not sure where to post this so I started a new topic. Maybe this is a bug or maybe I'm missing a setting...

In my sessions I'm specifying that I want my pace displayed in miles per hour. The app shows the correct calculation, but when I save it, pace is displayed as kilometers per hour in the Session Details window on the side. Also, if I open up the session up again the field has reverted to kilometers as well. I went to the Summary tab in the session entry window and changed the Data Units for Distance Speed to miles, but it has no effect.

Lastly, I've also noticed that sometimes the calculation for pace is sometimes way off. For example it told me tonight that I did my 1 hour ride at 900 miles per hour! I can't seem to replicate this error consistently. Not sure what's setting it off.

FYI... all of the above happens with manual and downloaded Polar data.

Great product. Keep up the great work
~ Chronic Triathlete

chronic triathlete

Re: Version 3.0.0 Beta 42

Post by chronic triathlete » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:48 am

Stuart,
Thanks. I missed that setting. That solved it.

Still occasionally getting the calculations wrong, but I can't nail a specific trigger.

/CT