iSMARTtrain V3.0.6 Beta 6 Release

Announcements and discussion of the beta releases of iSMARTtrain
jlkenney

Re: iSMARTtrain V3.0.6 Beta 6 Release

Post by jlkenney » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:42 pm

Hi Stuart. I have found the Beta 6 release to be great. However, I did notice one thing that didn't make sense. When I imported from my RS300, TRIMPs weren't calculated even though all the heart zone data was there. I was easily able to do it manually, but would like to avoid having to do that every time. Do you know why that might happen?

Joanie

jfj

Post by jfj » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:13 am

jfj wrote:Just to tell you, I have now used the new beta for a week. I am very pleased, indeed. It works very well. What a relief to not having to use the Suunto software under Parallels, unless I am very interested in their analysis, which I am not, except out of curiosity.

Just one thing, however, lap times do not show. Is this a bug, am I doing something wrong or is it something left for later vdersions?

Hi,
No, we haven't quite got the Laps data sorted out yet - I thought it was more important to make sure that the code we had worked in the 'Real World' than to have it 100% complete. We'll get the laps sorted out in a future beta.

Yes, agree your priority -I will wait eagerly! - sory I got my first message under the "wrong beta".

Then with Suunto support in place, Suunto should really make you a major contribution. Your software will lead to increased new sales among the mac-users, and greatly reduced frustration among existing mac-suunto users.

AidanSF

Post by AidanSF » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:49 pm

New user here. Same issue as Jose above. I can see the port usbserial-FT0K0OUF; I select T6/T6c; the message is always "Could not connect to Suunto device." Since other have made it work, feels like I may be missing something simple. Help!

kiwiness

Post by kiwiness » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:44 pm

Does this mean the RS300 is supported? I didn't see it on the list of supported monitors.

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:19 pm

kiwiness wrote:Does this mean the RS300 is supported? I didn't see it on the list of supported monitors.

Yes, the RS300x with Flowlink is supported - it's only in the beta at the moment, so we don't list it on the site, as it may not work 100%.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart
OTAG Technologies Ltd

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:24 pm

AidanSF wrote:New user here. Same issue as Jose above. I can see the port usbserial-FT0K0OUF; I select T6/T6c; the message is always "Could not connect to Suunto device." Since other have made it work, feels like I may be missing something simple. Help!

Hi,
Yes, I'm working on this - as you'll see from this thread we've got users who are successfully downloading from the T6 (including me, unfortunately), and I'm not sure why it's not working for some users. (I say unfortunately, as if it wasn't working for me, I'd have something to go on!).

Thanks & Regards

Stuart
OTAG Technologies Ltd

jmhickey

Post by jmhickey » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:28 pm

Team-
This is not working for me however I believe it is due to the Suunto PC Pod Driver for T3/T4 not being compatible with snow leopard 10.6.

-John

jcueto

Post by jcueto » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:29 pm

The T6c works fine (downloads sessions with no problem via USB cable). The issue is with the t3c/t4c, those do not work well with the USB ANT. It shows in the port list but give an error.

Regards,

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:50 pm

jmhickey wrote:Team-
This is not working for me however I believe it is due to the Suunto PC Pod Driver for T3/T4 not being compatible with snow leopard 10.6.

-John

No, it's not (just) a Snow Leopard issue - I'm using 10.5.8 primarily, and it doesn't work for me (I've now got my hands on a T3c for testing, which I didn't have when Beta 6 was released).

I'm not sure if the drivers work with Snow Leopard or not, but that'll be a whole different set of problems.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart
OTAG Technologies Ltd

jlkenney

Post by jlkenney » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm

I seem to be having a new problem with the RS300x. It was working just fine but now I am getting a sending error 536870195. Any idea what that means? Kind of bummed. I had to go back to my RS200 because of transmitter strap problems and just re-updated back to Beta 6 to use my RS300x with a new transmitter and it didn't work. Maybe when it worked before it was in Beta 5? I know it did work in Beta 5. Is there a way I can get beta 5 back?

Joanie