iSMARTtrain V3.0.6 Beta 5 Release

Announcements and discussion of the beta releases of iSMARTtrain
Coriolanus

Re: iSMARTtrain V3.0.6 Beta 5 Release

Post by Coriolanus » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:30 am

Stuart,

I've been trying for several days now and my download always seems to hang at the same place. It connects, the window for seeing the various sessions on the watch pops up. I select ALL or just one at a time and hit ADD and that's were it goes wrong It churns for a bit, says port is open in the bottom but never finishes. After about five minutes I shut it down and try again getting the same results. Any thoughts? Any info I can provide?

JacqL

Post by JacqL » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:04 am

This is great news. I had given up all hope of the RS800 ever been supported natively.
Almost working reliably with the Silver Polar USB Adapter (very picky about positioning)
Key issue is that the Speed is not captured accurately.
I know I am slow but not THAT slow :D
How can I send you the log files (I followed the advise you gave earler about capturing the logs)

jfj

Post by jfj » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:45 pm

Just to tell you, I have now used the new beta for a week. I am very pleased, indeed. It works very well. What a relief to not having to use the Suunto software under Parallels, unless I am very interested in their analysis, which I am not, except out of curiosity.

Just one thing, however, lap times do not show. Is this a bug, am I doing something wrong or is it something left for later vdersions?

Denis V

Post by Denis V » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:12 pm

Hi,

Unfortunatly, I have not been able to download from my polar RS800. I use a Belkin F5U325 and I can not see the RS800 is the download list. I tried also to download your SigmaTel driver, but no more success.

Thanks for your help to enable me to get it done successfully.

Denis

RS800
Mac Intel - OS X.5.7

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:25 am

Denis V wrote:Hi,

Unfortunatly, I have not been able to download from my polar RS800. I use a Belkin F5U325 and I can not see the RS800 is the download list. I tried also to download your SigmaTel driver, but no more success.

Thanks for your help to enable me to get it done successfully.

Denis

RS800
Mac Intel - OS X.5.7

Hi Denis,
Do you see 'IrDA' in the 'Ports' popup menu? If not, then it means that, for some reason, the Apple IrDA driver isn't loading when you plug in your Belkin F5U325 - are you sure that this device is supported by Apple? I'm not 100% sure that it's the same part number as the one I use, but I can't check at the moment as I'm at a client's office - I'll check tonight.

If the Sigmatel drivers have installed successfully, you should see 'IrDA' in the Ports menu.

Regards

Stuart

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:28 am

jfj wrote:Just to tell you, I have now used the new beta for a week. I am very pleased, indeed. It works very well. What a relief to not having to use the Suunto software under Parallels, unless I am very interested in their analysis, which I am not, except out of curiosity.

Just one thing, however, lap times do not show. Is this a bug, am I doing something wrong or is it something left for later vdersions?

Hi,
No, we haven't quite got the Laps data sorted out yet - I thought it was more important to make sure that the code we had worked in the 'Real World' than to have it 100% complete. We'll get the laps sorted out in a future beta.

Regards

Stuart

Denis V

Post by Denis V » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:38 am

hi Stuart,

In fact I do not see the irda in the ports pop-up menu. I have install the SigmaTel "sucessfully" (meaning the system said that it was succesfull).
It looks that the Irda is supported by apple as it appears in the list of devices connected. ( see the file attached)

If you have a great idea !! I am fustrated to see others able to download the RS 800 and not me

Thanks in advance

Denis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:33 pm

Denis V wrote:hi Stuart,

In fact I do not see the irda in the ports pop-up menu. I have install the SigmaTel "sucessfully" (meaning the system said that it was succesfull).
It looks that the Irda is supported by apple as it appears in the list of devices connected. ( see the file attached)

If you have a great idea !! I am fustrated to see others able to download the RS 800 and not me

Thanks in advance

Denis

Hi,
The fact that the device appears in the screen you've added only means that your Mac has recognized that it's plugged into a USB port. The Sigmatel driver only supports the 4210 devices with the device ID of 0x4210. See attached.

Picture 10.png

Thanks & Regards

Stuart
OTAG Technologies Ltd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Coriolanus

Post by Coriolanus » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:12 am

Still no luck getting this to work with my RS800. Disappointing. And since I just updated to Snow Leopard, the driver isn't even being recognized despite two attempts to reinstall them. Looking forward to the next beta.

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:49 pm

Coriolanus wrote:Still no luck getting this to work with my RS800. Disappointing. And since I just updated to Snow Leopard, the driver isn't even being recognized despite two attempts to reinstall them. Looking forward to the next beta.

Hi,
I haven't looked at Snow Leopard more than just to make sure that iSMARTtrain ran on it. I'll hopefully get some time over the weekend to look at the drivers, but ideally, we'll need to wait until Apple release the source code for their USB-IR drivers.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart
OTAG Technologies Ltd