iSMARTtrain V3.0.8 Beta 3 Release

Announcements and discussion of the beta releases of iSMARTtrain
Stuart
Site Admin

iSMARTtrain V3.0.8 Beta 3 Release

Post by Stuart » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:20 pm

Beta 3 of V3.0.8 is out today. This release fixes some issues importing .FIT files and fixes a problem calculating the speed from .tcx files.

Download from the usual place - http://www.ismarttrain.com/Beta/

As usual, any problems/questions, etc., please email me or post in our forums.

GadgetMan

Re: iSMARTtrain V3.0.8 Beta 3 Release

Post by GadgetMan » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:25 pm

Stuart

I am importing pdd files downloaded from a Polar S625X into a Windows machine. Since using the 3.0.8 betas the distance imported is displaying units of miles but the actual figure is the distance in KMs that I have run (ie 6.8 M is displayed whereas I have only run 6.8 KM). Everything imports fine with V3.0.7. I don't know whether it is specific to this watch but I also have a Polar RS400 watch which is away for repair at the moment. I will try downloading an exercise using that watch then import it into iST when I get it back.

Regards

Paul

GadgetMan

Post by GadgetMan » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 pm

Hi Stuart

Just got my RS400 watch back and imported data from that watch and the distance imported correctly. Must be a problem with the transfer of data from the S625X.

Paul

feleven

Post by feleven » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:32 am

I just downloaded and installed the V308B3 release, and now am having problems importing the Polar software .pdd files - I get an instant error that offers to send info to someplace (Stuart, Apple, ??). But I can import the associated Polar .hrm files, but those files apparently don't include some of the info in the .pdd files: kCals burned, some of the comment info related to the workout.

Did something change in the recent 308B releases, in regard to the Import function, or the ability to import the .pdd files?

feleven

Post by feleven » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:51 am

Well, that was interesting. I deleted the imported .hrm sessions, then tried again to import the .pdd files... and this time they imported just fine, including the kCal and workout info that was missing from the .hrm files.

No idea why the failed import on the first try, except that I added the .hrm files to my Mac hard drive before trying to import the .pdd files the second time. Is this the requirement for import: both the .hrm and the .pdd files must be in the import directory, but only the .pdd files are actually selected for import?

Unfortunately, the calendar view still doesn't update automatically after the import - you can't see the imported sessions until you move to either the "Next" or "Previous" month, then come back to the current month.

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:27 pm

Yes, both the .hrm and .pdd files must be in the same folder. The .pdd file only contains the name of the .hrm file, not it's location - they're always in the same folder in PPP.

You only need to select the .pdd file to import - that file contains the name of the .hrm file, and the software imports that at the same time.

Regards

Stuart