iSMARTtrain V3.0.6 Beta 19 Release

Announcements and discussion of the beta releases of iSMARTtrain
Stuart
Site Admin

iSMARTtrain V3.0.6 Beta 19 Release

Post by Stuart » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:17 pm

Beta 19 is out today - this release includes support for FT80 devices using Polar's Flowlink interface. This is pretty close to the final V3.0.6 release, which should be out soon.

Download from the usual place - http://www.ismarttrain.com/Beta/

Any problems/questions, etc., post here.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

anwhite03

Re: iSMARTtrain V3.0.6 Beta 19 Release

Post by anwhite03 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:04 am

Stuart:
Does anyone have a Mac with Snow Leopard and a successfully connecting Suunto T6c??

I have repeatedly tried to download and test each of your Betas on my Mac computers
one is an iMac 24" Oct 2006 with OSX 10.6.2
one is a MacBook Pro 13" June 2009 with OSX 10.6.2
I downloaded Beta 19 today and hooked up via USB Cable
and get the same error message "Cannot connect to Suunto Device"

the iSMARTTRAIN log file are listed below:

Andy White

4614942 - Log File Opened
4615025 - SuuntoFunctions:initHandles
4615025 - ./libSuuntoPropertySDK.dylib registered!
4615025 - SuuntoFunctions:StartSDK
4615025 - SuuntoFunctions:mPROPERTYSDK_GetPropertySize
4615025 - SuuntoFunctions:mPROPERTYSDK_GetPropertyInfo
4615025 - SuuntoFunctions:mPROPERTYSDK_GetProperty
4615025 - Requested: VERSION, Received: 2.0
4615025 - Requested: DEVICES, Received: T6;T3;T4;SMARTBELT;X6;X6HR;MEMBELT
4615025 - Requested: ALLPROPERTIES, Received: ALLPROPERTIES;ALTITUDESAMPLES;BATTERYSTATUS;CADENCESAMPLES;CHECKCONNECTION;CSPVERSION;DEVICEMODEL;DEVICENAME;DEVICES;DEVICETIME;DISTANCESAMPLES;ENERGYSAMPLES;EPOCSAMPLES;HISTORY_HIGHESTPOINT;HISTORY_HIGHESTTIME;HISTORY_HRABOVELIMITS;HISTORY_HRBELOWLIMITS;HISTORY_INSIDELIMITS;HISTORY_RESET;HISTORY_RESETTIME;HISTORY_TOTALASCENT;HISTORY_TOTALDESCENT;HISTORY_TOTALDISTANCE;HISTORY_TOTALDURATION;HRSAMPLES;IBISAMPLES;LAPALTITUDES;LAPASCENTS;LAPAVEHRS;LAPAVESPEEDS;LAPCADENCE;LAPCOUNT;LAPDESCENTS;LAPDISTANCES;LAPHRS;LAPMAXSPEED;LAPTIMES;LAPTYPES;LOGACTIVITYCLASS;LOGASCENTALTITUDE;LOGASCENTTIME;LOGAVECADENCE;LOGAVERAGESPEED;LOGCALORIES;LOGCOUNT;LOGDELETE;LOGDESCENTALTITUDE;LOGDESCENTTIME;LOGDISTANCE;LOGDURATION;LOGDURATIONS;LOGEPOC;LOGHIGHALTITUDE;LOGHIGHALTITUDETIME;LOGHRAVG;LOGHRLIMITHIGH;LOGHRLIMITLOW;LOGHRMAX;LOGHRMIN;LOGHRZONE1;LOGHRZONE2;LOGHRZONE3;LOGHRZONE4;LOGINDEX;LOGLOWALTITUDE;LOGLOWALTITUDETIME;LOGMAXSPEED;LOGSAMPLERATE;LOGTIME;LOGTIMEABOVELIMITS;LOGTIMEABOVEZONE4;LOGTIMEBELOWLIMITS;LOGTIMEBELOWZONE1;LOGTIMEINSIDELIMITS;LOGTIMEINZONE1;LOGTIMEINZONE2;LOGTIMEINZONE3;LOGTIMES;LOGTRAININGEFFECT;LOGUSEHRLIMITS;MEMORYSTATUS;PORT;PORTDESCRIPTOR;SERIALNUMBER;SETTINGS_ACTIVITYCLASS;SETTINGS_AGE;SETTINGS_ALTITUDEUNIT;SETTINGS_BIRTHYEAR;SETTINGS_CLOCKMODE;SETTINGS_DATEMODE;SETTINGS_DISTANCEUNIT;SETTINGS_FREELOGSWARNING;SETTINGS_GENDER;SETTINGS_HEIGHT;SETTINGS_HEIGHTUNIT;SETTINGS_HISTORYHRHIGHLIMIT;SETTINGS_HISTORYHRLOWLIMIT;SETTINGS_HISTORYHRMINLIMIT;SETTINGS_HRHIGHLIMIT;SETTINGS_HRLIMITALARM;SETTINGS_HRLOWLIMIT;SETTINGS_HRMAX;SETTINGS_HRMIN;SETTINGS_HRUNIT;SETTINGS_HRZONE1;SETTINGS_HRZONE2;SETTINGS_HRZONE3;SETTINGS_HRZONE4;SETTINGS_IBISTOREPOLICY;SETTINGS_ICONS;SETTINGS_LIGHTS;SETTINGS_MEMORYFREEWARNING;SETTINGS_METS;SETTINGS_PERSONALDATA;SETTINGS_PRESSUREUNIT;SETTINGS_SPEEDPODUNIT_1;SETTINGS_SPEEDPODUNIT_2;SETTINGS_SPEEDPODUNIT_3;SETTINGS_SPEEDPODUNIT_4;SETTINGS_SPEEDUNIT;SETTINGS_STORE;SETTINGS_STOREINTERVAL;SETTINGS_STORE_ALTITUDE;SETTINGS_STORE_CADENCE;SETTINGS_STORE_CALORIES;SETTINGS_STORE_DISTANCE;SETTINGS_STORE_EPOC;SETTINGS_STORE_R-R;SETTINGS_STORE_TEMPERATURE;SETTINGS_TEMPERATUREUNIT;SETTINGS_TONES;SETTINGS_TRAININGLEVEL;SETTINGS_USERNAME;SETTINGS_VERTCALSPEEDUNIT;SETTINGS_WEIGHT;SETTINGS_WEIGHTUNIT;SWVERSION;TEMPSAMPLES;TIVERSION;VERSION
4615040 - SuuntoFunctions:mPROPERTYSDK_OpenDevice
4615041 - SuuntoFunctions:mPROPERTYSDK_OpenDevice failed.
4615385 - SuuntoFunctions:mPROPERTYSDK_Close

NOTE:
the Mac application called System Profiler definitely shows that the FTDI driver is working
in that it shows a USB <-> Serial Cable device entry is shown when I connect the Suunto cable to the Mac's USB port
and that the device identify is FTDI specific to Suunto devices (FTDI generic version listed is 2.00, but is in fact 2.14)
AW

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:48 am

anwhite03 wrote:Stuart:
Does anyone have a Mac with Snow Leopard and a successfully connecting Suunto T6c??

I have repeatedly tried to download and test each of your Betas on my Mac computers
one is an iMac 24" Oct 2006 with OSX 10.6.2
one is a MacBook Pro 13" June 2009 with OSX 10.6.2
I downloaded Beta 19 today and hooked up via USB Cable
and get the same error message "Cannot connect to Suunto Device"

the iSMARTTRAIN log file are listed below:

Andy White

NOTE:
the Mac application called System Profiler definitely shows that the FTDI driver is working
in that it shows a USB <-> Serial Cable device entry is shown when I connect the Suunto cable to the Mac's USB port
and that the device identify is FTDI specific to Suunto devices (FTDI generic version listed is 2.00, but is in fact 2.14)
AW

Hi Andy,
Ys, I'm using 10.6.2 on a Macbook, and it works for me - I've got a few users that it just won't work for, and I'm not sure exactly what the problem is. Do you have any other devices installed on your Mac that may use the FTDI drivers?

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

anwhite03

Post by anwhite03 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:11 am

Aloha Stuart

I have no other devices using FTDI. I only installed it to enable a connection for the Suunto PC Cable.
But I really do suspect the FTDI driver - I have also tried to get 2Peak Butler (competition?) to work and it also fails to connect.
I have also tried Codeweavers Crossover (Windows emulation environment for Mac OSX) and installed Suunto Training Manager for Windows PC there - and it too fails to see the device.)
But I HAVE installed Suunto Training Manager on a friend's Windows Vista laptop and it connected to my Suunto T6c right away.
So I just GOTTA believe it's what the Mac is doing to block proper USB<->Serial connection.
I have even tried dabbling with Serial Communication applications to see if I can just blindly read the T6c but don't know enough to figure out what comm commands to issue..

Can you think of any OS X 10.6.2 System/Profile/Device data or System Info that I might collect & send to you that could help you untangle this?
Obviously the question becomes: what is different between my Mac internal software and the software of those who have the connection working ??
I cannot fathom this one ... yet !
Aloha from Hawaii, Andy White

rlmalisz

Post by rlmalisz » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:36 am

So I have an RS800cx, and have managed to procure a Polar STIR42xx silver IRDA stick. Downloaded this beta, and have made a few attempts to download data with no luck. I always get the dialog that no data is coming from the Polar device, and the suggestion to unplug and plug back in the IRDA and try again.

I also use Suunto dive computers, and for Divelog support, have the OSX FTDI drivers from this page under the VCP section installed:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

Am I screwed? Can these things not coexist? I would be willing and happy to register your program if I can use it with my device. But so far, no soap.

--Richard

jaimieblagg

Post by jaimieblagg » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:39 am

Hi

I am also having a problem with BETA 19, Suunto T3C and Snow Leopard. I had beta 18 working great under 10.5 then upgraded to 10.6 and BETA 19 and now it will not detect my T3C. I have removed and reinstalled the PC Pod drivers, restarted etc with no joy. The PC pod is showing in the system profiler ok. It just seems as though the T3C can not find the mac? Any suggestions?

Its plugged into the mac direct, no other USB device connected? Do I need to install 'Rosetta' as this was a optional install in my upgrade tio snow leopard? Unfortunatly I trashed my copy of BETA 18 so can not back check compatibility.

Thanks

jaimie

Paul R

Post by Paul R » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:29 pm

How do I remove the PC Pod drivers so I can then re-install?

Many thanks
Paul

melle

Post by melle » Thu May 06, 2010 9:56 pm

Hi,

I'm using iSMARTTRAIN b19 with my Polar RS300x. Soon with my Suunto T4d, after its arrival :D
Anyway.. I find that the FlowLink works most of the time, but sometimes it does not.
When it doesn't, iSMARTTRAIN crashes.

Nothing serious, but I wanted to mention this fact.

Nice program. I like it!

Melle