iSMARTtrain V3.0 Beta 42 Release

Announcements and discussion of the beta releases of iSMARTtrain
Stuart
Site Admin

iSMARTtrain V3.0 Beta 42 Release

Post by Stuart » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:38 pm

The latest beta of iSMARTtrain V3.0 is available for download from [url]http://www.ismarttrain.com/Beta/[/ur]

We've made some big changes to the way that day notes work - previously, these weren't assigned to a user, so any keywords defined would appear for all users. Now, these are assigned to the current user. Existing day notes are upgraded on the first run.

The other changes are detailed in our blog - http://www.otag.co.uk/blog/

Barring any major bugs, this will be the last beta. Any smaller bugs will be fixed in a 3.0.1 release.

As always, post here or email me details of any problem/questions.

Regards

Stuart
OTAG Technologies Ltd

rswennen

Re: iSMARTtrain V3.0 Beta 42 Release

Post by rswennen » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:38 am

Stuart,

some bugs I ran into for this version:

* session details summary colum only shows seed in mpm, no way to have a metric alternative (eg. km/h)
* The sessions graph x-axis only shows 08 in the 4 weeks view, same for 8 weeks and 12 weeks view, 3 months view is ok and gives month name. 24 weeks also gives correct week number. All longer periods work perfect.
* Distribution graph doesn't show anything at all.
* Automatic data import for 625x still doesn't work, manual import does work though

* extra remark on speed indication. When double clicking on a session it opens the details screen where tempo can be changed from min per mile to km/h. First of all this doesn't effect anything else, secondly the value is not correct, it seems like the miles per hour is more like the km/hour value (in other words the km/h value is way too high).

Hopes this helps a bit.

Kind regards,

Rohnny

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:16 pm

Hi Rohnny,
The units in the 'Session Details' area should be the same as you've set for the sport in the 'Manage Activities' dialog.

In the sessions graph, I suspect you're seeing on the year part of the date. Each block should have the ate of the first day on the week under it. I can only think this would happen if the window isn't wide enough to show all of the date text. If this isn't the case, can you let me know what your 'International' settings are in the System Preferences are, please. Send me a screenshot as well, if possible.

The distribution graph should show your HR, speed, etc., data as bar graphs - you may need to adjust the settings in the preferences to get your data to show.

The problem with the 'automatic' download may be something that we can't fix without import from Polar - I've found that with two seeming identical watches, one will work perfectly, and the other won't work at all - I use my S625x all the time and have had no problem getting it to download. I suspect it's a timing issue.

Thanks for your feedback,

Regards

Stuart

rswennen wrote:Stuart,

some bugs I ran into for this version:

* session details summary colum only shows seed in mpm, no way to have a metric alternative (eg. km/h)
* The sessions graph x-axis only shows 08 in the 4 weeks view, same for 8 weeks and 12 weeks view, 3 months view is ok and gives month name. 24 weeks also gives correct week number. All longer periods work perfect.
* Distribution graph doesn't show anything at all.
* Automatic data import for 625x still doesn't work, manual import does work though

* extra remark on speed indication. When double clicking on a session it opens the details screen where tempo can be changed from min per mile to km/h. First of all this doesn't effect anything else, secondly the value is not correct, it seems like the miles per hour is more like the km/hour value (in other words the km/h value is way too high).

Hopes this helps a bit.

Kind regards,

Rohnny

rswennen

Post by rswennen » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:52 pm

Stuart,

regarding the sesion details, it defenately shows the values of km/h indicated as miles per hour. The values as km/h are way too high. I made two screenshots.

I made a screenshot of the sessions graph showing only 08 as x axis values. I tried scaling the window. My inetrnational preferences I made 3 screenshots, one for every tab.

Distribution graph indeed shows these after clicking the >> symbol on the right top. However x axis shows Speed (mpm) while I gues it is km/h. Distance units is set on km in the preferences.

The automatic download, I can live with that ;-)

Kind regards,

Rohnny

PS can mail you other screenshots
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:05 pm

Great, thanks - I'll have a look at the the speed issue - I suspect it may be an internationalization issue with the comma as a decimal separator - needs to be fixed, regardless!

If you could email me (stuart at otag.co.uk) the screenshots of your international settings, I'll look into the Sessions Graph date problem.

Regards

Stuart

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:50 pm

Hi Rohnny,
I've solved the problem with the Sessions Graph date, but I'm just not seeing the problem with speed calculation - see attached. Can you tell me what the units are that you have set for 'Running' in the 'Manage Activities' dialog, please.

Thanks

Stuart

Picture 2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rswennen

Post by rswennen » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:20 pm

Stuart,

you are right. I only set all preferences via the visual button, not via the menu at the top.

I'm sorry, when setting speed to min/km it gives correct values.

Thanks