iSMARTtrain V3.0.6 Beta 17 Release

Announcements and discussion of the beta releases of iSMARTtrain
Stuart
Site Admin

iSMARTtrain V3.0.6 Beta 17 Release

Post by Stuart » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:13 pm

Beta 17's been released today to fix a problem with SonicLink downloads which haven't been working for most of the V3.0.6 beta releases, and still wasn't working as should in Beta 16.

Download from the usual place - http://www.ismarttrain.com/Beta/

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

Raynay

Re: iSMARTtrain V3.0.6 Beta 17 Release

Post by Raynay » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:29 pm

Dear Stuart,

Today I have installed beta v17.

The import function for the Suunto T6 doesn't work anymore. It can connect to the phone and sees 16 sessions available. None of the sessions however is listed (see picture).

Please help.

Regards,
-Rene
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:29 pm

Which version did you have installed before this?

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

Raynay

Post by Raynay » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:57 pm

Stuart,

The problem has been solved. It was due to a low battery of the T6c. It wasn't able to upload the data.

Regards,
-Rene

anwhite03

Post by anwhite03 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:21 pm

I am evaluating the iSmartTrain software for my Mac (Snow Leopard 10.6.2)
I have a brand new Suunto t6c.
But I cannot get the USB cable to work yet.
Here is my configuration and software version tests so far:

I have an iMac (Oct 2006) Intel Dual Core w/ 1GB memory, 500gb drive
I installed the latest FTDI VCP driver for USB<->Serial bus (2.2.10) on this website
I downloaded & installed the iSMARTtrain v306 Beta 17
and I attached the USB cable to the back USB port of my iMac and to the Suunto t6c watch
Then I clicked download in iSmartTrain and selected usbserial-0000103d and Suunto T6/T6c
and clicked OK
after just 2 sec I got the error message:
"Could not connect to Suunto device. Please ensure that you have installed the drivers for the T6 Serial Cable ("http://ismarttrain.com/drivers)."

- of course these are not the latest version drivers because the FTDI website provides a download for USB-Serial (VCP) driver version 2.2.14
I have tried installing both 2.2.10 as well as 2.2.14. But Neither works with Beta 17.
In fact neither FTDI USB-Serial driver version works with Beta 15 either!
So I have tried 4 different combinations - and no data onnection/transfer from my Suunto t6c to iSMARTtrain on my iMac --- yet.
What should I try next ?
Thanks for any help. - AW

Update for 21 January 2010
On the advice of a software programmer and Suunto T-series user, I swapped out my new T6c watch battery (CR2032) for a brand new 2009-vintage Duracell CR2032 battery. The idea was that the Suunto T6c sat in the box too long before I came along and purchased it and the battery was no longer at full-power. The suggestion was that the Mac USB port actually requires more power (from the watch?) to establish a link? or to push the T6c data across the USB cable link. Well, the new battery had no effect: I still get an error message with iSMARTtrain v306 Beta 17 (as well as Beta 15) that it "Could Not Connect to the Suunto T6c".
Any ideas why not? -AW

GadgetMan

Post by GadgetMan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:58 am

Hi Stuart

Just tried this beta version on iMac OS X 10.6.? with the SigmaTel driver (for USB IRWave device) from your site and it downloads the data perfectly from a Polar RS400 HRM :D :D :D . Windows is now a thing of the past. Many thanks for all your efforts.

Regards

Paul

GadgetMan

Post by GadgetMan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:53 am

Hi Stuart

Unfortunately, I spoke too soon re previous message. The lap data that gets uploaded seems to be corrupt. Here's a screenshot of the dialog after uploading data via IRWave/iSMARTTrain and one which was uploaded into windows with same IRWave then imported (.pdd file) into iSMARTTrain. Hope this helps. If you require any additional information please let me know.

Regards

Paul Hooper
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jcueto

Post by jcueto » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:44 pm

Does really work? I have the driver SigmaTel USB-IR and do not download the sessions. I may have something wrong?
Regards

allgoneorange

Post by allgoneorange » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:50 pm

Hi

I am trialling ismarttrain on my new macbook with my suunto t4c. Running os x 10.6 with latest pc pod drivers and beta 17.

The software cannot see the pc pod and the t4c cannot connect to the pc pod. I'm guessing there is something worong with the driver. I have used the hardware successfully on a pc with windows.

Hope you can fix this soon

Kind regards

Tim

feleven

Post by feleven » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:30 am

In reference to the questions below, I imported all my data from Polar's Precision Performance software (not from the current Polar ProTrainer 5 software), into my MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard OSX.

Does beta 17 support displaying lap markers on the data graph? I can't get them to show up on my data graphs.

Also, when I bring up a data graph with the x-axis showing time, then switch it to show distance (miles in this case), I don't get the whole run on the graph (a six mile run shows maybe the first 4, sometimes 5, lap markers at the 1 mile mark, but not the 6th).

Then, when I switch the x-axis again to distance, the data and the x-axis markers disappear... the graph is totally blank, and the "Selection" text shows nothing is selected. How do you select a part of a data graph, for example if I want to zoom in on the first 1 mile segment?

When I switch back to time on the x-axis the data and time markers are back. In short, there's something buggy with the x-axis switching function... its almost as if a pointer to the data is corrupted once the x-axis has been switched to distance and then back to time.

Does beta 17 understand multiple activities on the same date? PPP codes these same-day activities as 09091101.hrm, 09091102.hrm and so on (assuming the date was 09Sep09). If I import these activities all at the same time, the first one in sets many of the parameters for the subsequently imported activities - for example, all activities will be displayed as the same duration and time of day they were executed. If import them separately, then update something in each one after its imported, then they come in okay.

If you import non-running data files into beta 17 (I do cardio workouts that I record and dump into iST), and have the default activity set to "Running", all the imported activities come in as "Running", even though the activities were recorded with another activity that's been entered into the iST activity list, (for example "Walking"). Did I do something wrong, or is this a bug?

Stuart - even though I have no way to connect my S625X HRM to the MacBook Pro yet (I can't find a Polar serial IR interface for love or money - so I transfer data from the S625X to a PC and then copy the hrm/pdd files to the Mac for importing), I STILL like your program and desperately want it to be the equivalent of, or better than, what Polar provides. So you can expect lots of comments from me as I start using iSmartTrain for my activities going forward.

In terms of the Mac USB-IR driver situation, is this a matter of not being able to get the driver parameters from somebody, or just not having priority in you obviously limited coding schedule? We need to resolve this issue somehow - the old Polar serial IR interfaces are just not out there anymore.

Best Regards,
Rod Hutson
Edmonton AB Canada