iSMARTtrain V3.0.6 Beta 14 Release

Announcements and discussion of the beta releases of iSMARTtrain
Stuart
Site Admin

Re: iSMARTtrain V3.0.6 Beta 14 Release

Post by Stuart » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:21 pm

jlkenney wrote:Hi Stuart,
I know you said the RS and CS models are on the back burner, but RS300x was working fine until today. Now I can't seem to get through a data download using flowlink. I went back version by version all they way to beta 5 or 6 and I couldn't restore it. I would say it is my polar flowlink thingy, but I went ahead and tried to do it with the polar website software and it was able to download data from my watch. I can't think of a reason why it would work for a while and then all the sudden today stop working, but I thought I'd ask anyways.

Thanks,

Joanie

Hi Joanie,
Can you check the 'Log Transactions' checkbox, please, then try downloading again. You should find a file called something like 'ismarttrain_2009-10-17_19_06_12.log' but with today's date and time in your 'Documents' folder - can you send me the file, please.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart
Yellow Field Technologies Ltd

jlkenney

Post by jlkenney » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:03 am

Hi Stuart, I seem unable to attach any file with a suffix (.log, .doc, or .txt) so I can't attach the file and it said I had to many characters to copy and paste. I'm not typically sending processing log files around, so if there is some trick that I am missing, please let me know.

Thanks,

Joanie

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:03 pm

jlkenney wrote:Hi Stuart, I seem unable to attach any file with a suffix (.log, .doc, or .txt) so I can't attach the file and it said I had to many characters to copy and paste. I'm not typically sending processing log files around, so if there is some trick that I am missing, please let me know.

Thanks,

Joanie

Hi,
Email it to me, please - stuart@otag.co.uk

Thanks & Regards

Stuart
Yellow Field Technologies Ltd

Virgile

Post by Virgile » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:16 am

Hi Stuart,
Nice release. It is very very nice to be able to download Suunto data.
However, if I install the suunto driver, I'm not able to download powertap data anymore. Niether with ismarttrain, nor with poweragent. And the same occurs with my Suunto T6 when I re-install the powertap driver. It seems that there is a competition between drivers.
Cheers
Thanks
Virgile

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:51 pm

Virgile wrote:Hi Stuart,
Nice release. It is very very nice to be able to download Suunto data.
However, if I install the suunto driver, I'm not able to download powertap data anymore. Niether with ismarttrain, nor with poweragent. And the same occurs with my Suunto T6 when I re-install the powertap driver. It seems that there is a competition between drivers.
Cheers
Thanks
Virgile

Yes, it looks like both devices use the same chipset, but the drivers are implemented in different ways - let m have a look into this, and I'll see if I can fin a work-around.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

Hutch

Post by Hutch » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:39 am

Ok this was the first time I used a beta version. It replaced my purchased copy and now it says it expired, what do I do now?

wakeskate

Post by wakeskate » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:50 pm

great work getting the suunto t6c working on osx. i deleted all of my sessions by accident though...

in your "downloaded session" dialog i selected one of the sessions, which was only a few seconds and when i hit delete (to delete that particular session) all of the *other* sessions were deleted. so, i didn't even get a chance to download them! you could add a confirmation dialog with perhaps how many sessions have been selected for deletion. i guess the problem is that the selection process wasn't intuitive for me - looks like sessions not downloaded are selected by default as the normal first action would be "Add". Also, I think more intuitive would be using apple-click instead of checkboxes for multi-select.

i'll try your product out after my next run!

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:02 pm

Hutch wrote:Ok this was the first time I used a beta version. It replaced my purchased copy and now it says it expired, what do I do now?

Like the message box says, visit http://www.ismarttrain.com/Beta/ and download the latest beta.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:04 pm

wakeskate wrote:great work getting the suunto t6c working on osx. i deleted all of my sessions by accident though...

in your "downloaded session" dialog i selected one of the sessions, which was only a few seconds and when i hit delete (to delete that particular session) all of the *other* sessions were deleted. so, i didn't even get a chance to download them! you could add a confirmation dialog with perhaps how many sessions have been selected for deletion. i guess the problem is that the selection process wasn't intuitive for me - looks like sessions not downloaded are selected by default as the normal first action would be "Add". Also, I think more intuitive would be using apple-click instead of checkboxes for multi-select.

i'll try your product out after my next run!

Hmmm.... It should only delete the sessions which have the checkbox ticked - I'll look into it.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

adamrice

Post by adamrice » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:53 pm

I'm having trouble with this release.

I used a previous beta (not sure which version). That was working. It just expired, so I installed this version. I'm trying to connect to a Suunto T3c. Now the T3c (or the pod) is not appearing in the list of devices when I try to capture data from it. I've re-installed the driver and rebooted just in case. No help. It offers the USB/serial driver as a port (as it did before), just not this device.