Only 3 HR zones in summary

Discussions about the current release of iSMARTtrain
sirjemo

Only 3 HR zones in summary

Post by sirjemo » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:07 pm

Hi there,
Great program and very enjoyable and useful tool. Since upgrading to 3.0.5 I am having difficulties with a couple of things - I've searched but can't see them noted elsewhere on the forum.

First, I have 5 HR zones set and the extra 2 boxes are marked in Manage Users/HRzones. This means that on my HR monitor (Polar S520) I have HR zones 2,3 and 4 set. Previously iST would show 5 zones in the summary, but now only shows the bottom 3 zones. If I force a 'recalculate' then all 5 zones are displayed, but it won't do this automatically.

On the Session diary - pressing 'distribution graph' shows the HR Zones graph with only 3 zones. However, the HR Distribution graph shows the HR durations across the range.
No comprendo. Should I set the Polar HRM to read zones 3 4 and 5 instead?

Second: on the Data Graph I can't get the average speed or average HR lines to show. They are selected in preferences.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help.

Jim

dociam

Re: Only 3 HR zones in summary

Post by dociam » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:19 pm

I am having the same problem. Even when I make a change in Manage User and then change it back, and select recalculate... still only 3 HR zones are shown. Has anyone else seen this, or know of a solution or workaround?

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:56 am

dociam wrote:I am having the same problem. Even when I make a change in Manage User and then change it back, and select recalculate... still only 3 HR zones are shown. Has anyone else seen this, or know of a solution or workaround?

What device are you downloading from? Some devices only give us zone data for 3 zones.

Regards

Stuart
OTAG Technologies Ltd

sirjemo

Post by sirjemo » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:58 am

Hi Stuart,
This from my first post here.
First, I have 5 HR zones set and the extra 2 boxes are marked in Manage Users/HRzones. This means that on my HR monitor (Polar S520) I have HR zones 2,3 and 4 set. Previously iST would show 5 zones in the summary, but now only shows the bottom 3 zones. If I force a 'recalculate' then all 5 zones are displayed, but it won't do this automatically.

The new version seems to have changed how the hr zones are read or interpreted. So, it's the same HRM (Polar S520) as i was using with the previous version but iST 3.0.5 doesn't seem to extend to the 5 zones requested. This wasn't a problem with the previous version of iST.

dociam

Post by dociam » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:31 pm

I am using the CS200cad.

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:05 pm

dociam wrote:I am using the CS200cad.

Hi,
The CS200 only give us the data for 3 zones - that's all we can display, regardless of what's set in the Manage Users settings.

Regards

Stuart

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:08 pm

sirjemo wrote:Hi Stuart,
This from my first post here.

The new version seems to have changed how the hr zones are read or interpreted. So, it's the same HRM (Polar S520) as i was using with the previous version but iST 3.0.5 doesn't seem to extend to the 5 zones requested. This wasn't a problem with the previous version of iST.

Hi,
Not sure what the problem is here - I'll look into it.

Regards

Stuart

sirjemo

Post by sirjemo » Tue May 25, 2010 10:28 am

Hi Stuart,

Just to clear this one up, the problem disappeared when I graduated from the beta version. :D

Thanks
Jim