Snow Leopard

Discussions about the current release of iSMARTtrain
Rusty Smith

Re: Snow Leopard

Post by Rusty Smith » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:33 pm

Hi Stuart - hope this helps:
I have not plugged my keyspan serial adapter in since I upgraded to snow leopard (I have mostly been using another monitor that requires sonic link instead). This post prompted me to do so to to see what happens. This is an upgrade to snow leopard, not clean install - so all drivers are still in place - I am still using keyspan driver 2.4 - the most current seems to be 2.6 and is OS X 10.6 only.

As soon as I plug the keyspan device in, a message pops up that says:

New Network Interface has been connected.

The following network interfaces have not been set up.
Keyspan USA-19H
Keyspan USA-19H

T set up these interfaces use network preferences

When I go to network preferences, it is as Paul states - the keyspn device is recognized as a modem and it say "not configured."

I choose not to configure the device, but when I go to iSmartTrain and select "download" the device is there. However when I try to download via infrared, just as soon as the connection to the monitor starts, the activity window disappears with no error, and iSmartTrain keeps running fine.

Do you think I should I manually delete the old driver and install the 2.6 and run the keyspan serial assistant to get it to operate properly?

And thanks for getting sonic link in the current beta btw - I have just downloaded it - I have been looking forward to the "go to date" feature - I like looking back in one year increments and have always wished for a "one year ago" button. I am pretty good at pushing the back button 12 times though. ;-)
Rusty Smith
MacBook Pro (Unibody)
OS X 10.6.6
iSmartTrain v3.0.8 Beta 3
Polar Serial Adapter with Keyspan USA-19HS
Polar S625x
Polar cs200
Garmin Edge 500
Garmin Edge 800
Garmin Forerunner 310xt

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:19 pm

Rusty Smith wrote:Hi Stuart - hope this helps:
I have not plugged my keyspan serial adapter in since I upgraded to snow leopard (I have mostly been using another monitor that requires sonic link instead). This post prompted me to do so to to see what happens. This is an upgrade to snow leopard, not clean install - so all drivers are still in place - I am still using keyspan driver 2.4 - the most current seems to be 2.6 and is OS X 10.6 only.

As soon as I plug the keyspan device in, a message pops up that says:

New Network Interface has been connected.

The following network interfaces have not been set up.
Keyspan USA-19H
Keyspan USA-19H

T set up these interfaces use network preferences

When I go to network preferences, it is as Paul states - the keyspn device is recognized as a modem and it say "not configured."

I choose not to configure the device, but when I go to iSmartTrain and select "download" the device is there. However when I try to download via infrared, just as soon as the connection to the monitor starts, the activity window disappears with no error, and iSmartTrain keeps running fine.

Do you think I should I manually delete the old driver and install the 2.6 and run the keyspan serial assistant to get it to operate properly?

And thanks for getting sonic link in the current beta btw - I have just downloaded it - I have been looking forward to the "go to date" feature - I like looking back in one year increments and have always wished for a "one year ago" button. I am pretty good at pushing the back button 12 times though. ;-)

I'm using 2.6 and it seems to work for me, but I do get the warning about a new network interface every time I plug it in. Obviously, Apple have changed something 'under the bonnet' as to how it handles serial devices - I get the same message with the Suunto T6 serial cable.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

psoldo

Post by psoldo » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:28 pm

Well, I guess I must have something set up wrong. My Keyspan shows that its not configured in the Network preferences. Is there something special I need to configure the device? I'm not really sure how to go about this. It appears its looking for phone info.

Thanks for what ever help you can share.
Paul

psoldo

Post by psoldo » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:37 pm

I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong, however my keyspan in the network preference is showing its not configured. Is there something I need to do to configure ? Also, Here's a log of what I'm getting when I try to transfer.

113500 - Log File Opened
113523 - Action Getting Overview...
113523 - Sending 34 A6 55 55 56 B8 25
113545 - Received -

This just keeps repeating. The error message is "No Data Recieved. Please check that you have selected the correct port, and that your HRM is correctly aligned with the interface."

thanks in advance for any help.
Paul

psoldo

Post by psoldo » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:11 am

Stuart,

I gave that a try, but though the watch shows the percentage tick up to 100%.. the transfer box just says waiting for data and nothing gets transferred.

Not sure whats really going on. Does the network item need to be configured?

anwhite03

Post by anwhite03 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:54 am

iSMARTtrain on Mac OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard with Suunto T6c ???

Does ANYONE out there have Mac OSX 10.6.2 on a MacBook or iMac
and successfully connecting to a Suunto T6c ??

I have tried everything and I get no connection at all.
The required interface USB<->Serial driver is from FTDI
and I have downloaded and installed their latest VCP Driver version for OSX 10.4/10.5/10.6
I installed the latest iSMARTtrain Mac OSX app Beta
I installed a brand new CR2023 battery in the Suunto T6c.
I have run out of ideas.
And for the life of me I cannot get a connection between my MacBook Pro (June 2009) and the T6c with iSmarttrain,
or with any other Mac app.

Thanks for any feedback.
AW

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:13 pm

anwhite03 wrote:iSMARTtrain on Mac OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard with Suunto T6c ???

Does ANYONE out there have Mac OSX 10.6.2 on a MacBook or iMac
and successfully connecting to a Suunto T6c ??

I have tried everything and I get no connection at all.
The required interface USB<->Serial driver is from FTDI
and I have downloaded and installed their latest VCP Driver version for OSX 10.4/10.5/10.6
I installed the latest iSMARTtrain Mac OSX app Beta
I installed a brand new CR2023 battery in the Suunto T6c.
I have run out of ideas.
And for the life of me I cannot get a connection between my MacBook Pro (June 2009) and the T6c with iSmarttrain,
or with any other Mac app.

Thanks for any feedback.
AW

Well, it's not a Snow Leopard problem as the software works for me - this is what makes fixing the problem so difficult. I am looking at the issue, but haven't come up with a solution yet.

Regards

Stuart

psoldo

Post by psoldo » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:14 pm

Just wanted to update all on my status with transferring data to my imac.
It seems the alternate method does work, however as stated only using one file at a time. Kind of stinks as I used to be able to download days worth of data in one automatic transfer. Is this a new problem? or are others still able to download multiple files using the 10.6.4 operating system?

mount

Post by mount » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:05 am

I am just wondering if someone found a solution for the problem, as I cant get it running under snow leopard as well???

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi,
What device are you downloading from, and what happens when you attempt to download?

Thanks

Stuart

mount wrote:I am just wondering if someone found a solution for the problem, as I cant get it running under snow leopard as well???