Noobie Questions

Discussions about the current release of iSMARTtrain
BigTuna

Noobie Questions

Post by BigTuna » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:07 pm

I'm new to iST, moving from plain fitness training to Triathlon training. I'm trying it on a Mac. I use a Suunto HR monitor, which evidently isn't supported, so I'm entering workout data manually.

I can't figure out keywords. I include special words in my workout notes (like miles), define them, but can't get anything to show in the keyword graph. Is the graph specific to HR monitor data?

Is the data graph specific to HR monitor data?

I can't get my bike speed to display in anything but km/hr, no matter how many times I select MPH and Update.

HR shows in bpm. I track HR as a % with my Suunto monitor, which is consistent with the TRIMP effort measurement scheme. I enter avg and max HR as %s in the summary panel for entering data. But the session details panel on the calendar shows bpm. How can I change that to say %?

The graph under View>DataDistribution>HeartRateZones has heart rate in bpm as the x-axis. Where did it get a max HR for me (I didn't enter one)? Can I change the graph to %, per my TRIMP inputs? The HeartRate Distribution graph is identical: what am I missing?

I noticed a Suunto item under File>Import. When will Suunto be supported? Would the data chest band and all the various pods be required?

Thanks...
Sterling

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Noobie Questions

Post by Stuart » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:21 pm

BigTuna wrote:I'm new to iST, moving from plain fitness training to Triathlon training. I'm trying it on a Mac. I use a Suunto HR monitor, which evidently isn't supported, so I'm entering workout data manually.

What model of Suunto HRM do you have? We're pretty close to support the T6, but the T4 & T3 is a different case, as we've got to get Mac drivers for the Suunto Pod.

BigTuna wrote:I can't figure out keywords. I include special words in my workout notes (like miles), define them, but can't get anything to show in the keyword graph. Is the graph specific to HR monitor data?

You need to define the Keywords in the 'Manage Keywords' dialog in the 'Manage' menu. These will appear in the 'Keywords' tab of the 'Edit Data' dialog. The values you enter here will be shown on the keyword graph.

BigTuna wrote:Is the data graph specific to HR monitor data?

Not sure exactly what you mean here?

BigTuna wrote:I can't get my bike speed to display in anything but km/hr, no matter how many times I select MPH and Update.

You need to change the units in the 'Manage Activities' dialog in the 'Manage' menu.

BigTuna wrote:HR shows in bpm. I track HR as a % with my Suunto monitor, which is consistent with the TRIMP effort measurement scheme. I enter avg and max HR as %s in the summary panel for entering data. But the session details panel on the calendar shows bpm. How can I change that to say %?

There's no way to do this at the moment, but I'll look at it for a future release

BigTuna wrote:The graph under View>DataDistribution>HeartRateZones has heart rate in bpm as the x-axis. Where did it get a max HR for me (I didn't enter one)? Can I change the graph to %, per my TRIMP inputs? The HeartRate Distribution graph is identical: what am I missing?

The maximum HR is entered in the 'Manage Users' dialog in the 'Manage' menu.

BigTuna wrote:I noticed a Suunto item under File>Import. When will Suunto be supported? Would the data chest band and all the various pods be required?

You can import Suunto .sdf files here.

BigTuna wrote:Thanks...
Sterling

Thanks & Regards

Stuart