Ascent Bug?

Discussions about the current release of iSMARTtrain
Post Reply
daviddobedoe
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:25 pm

Ascent Bug?

Post by daviddobedoe » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:38 pm

Stuart (and everybody)
I have been using 3.0.5 for a couple of weeks and have been having problems with the Ascent feature.
When I use the data graph, the the graphical representation seems OK but the Ascent figures does not read in a way that makes sense to me. e.g. Ascent (ft) 7.920000e+6 when the monitor reads 1500ft.

MacBook OS 10.5.6
Polar 720i

TIA D

daviddobedoe
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Ascent Bug?

Post by daviddobedoe » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:45 pm

Been looking back at old sessions, since the software upgrade all the ave speed readings a wrong.
eg software suggest 25mph when 16ish would be correct.

Any help very welcome

Frank Bowman
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:26 pm

Re: Ascent Bug?

Post by Frank Bowman » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:14 pm

daviddobedoe wrote:Stuart (and everybody)
I have been using 3.0.5 for a couple of weeks and have been having problems with the Ascent feature.
When I use the data graph, the the graphical representation seems OK but the Ascent figures does not read in a way that makes sense to me. e.g. Ascent (ft) 7.920000e+6 when the monitor reads 1500ft.

MacBook OS 10.5.6
Polar 720i

TIA D


I get the same.
Polar S275X

daviddobedoe
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Ascent Bug?

Post by daviddobedoe » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:32 pm

Ok so we have two examples of this on machines working with similar HRM's.
For me, distance, average speed and ascent are probably the most important features and effectively I've lost those for the moment.
How could I go back to using version 2 for now whilst one way or another the problem is figured out?
Version two is still on my machine so can I simply do an import and export thing?
TIA
D

Racing Heart
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:46 pm

Re: Ascent Bug?

Post by Racing Heart » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:14 am

daviddobedoe wrote:Been looking back at old sessions, since the software upgrade all the ave speed readings a wrong.
eg software suggest 25mph when 16ish would be correct.


I believe there are numerous bugs related to pace. I think what's happening in your case is that regardless of the units you have selected (mph), the software is converting your values in kph and displaying that value.

Thus, using 1 kph = 0.621371192 mph,

25 x 0.621371192 = 15.53, or in your words, "16ish."

I've found that when I import sessions, regardless of the fact I have the software set up to use mph, it reverts back to kph. The only way I found to override this behavior is to export my session and then import it back in. The good news is that my units are then correct, but the bad news is due to another bug I lose all my lap intervals and other various data!

Post Reply