Manual Entry of Heart Rate Data Problem

Discussions about the current release of iSMARTtrain
glsbldr

Manual Entry of Heart Rate Data Problem

Post by glsbldr » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:39 am

I've been having a problem with manual entry of heart rate data. When I create a new entry, and enter my HR values in the Max/Min boxes; and fill in "the time in zone boxes" and then click on the ok box, the values are changed to what appear to be fairly random values. If I reopen the entry for that day, and fill in the information again and click update, the correct values are retained. In fact if create a new entry and actually enter no data at all and click ok, random data are entered for HR, Keywords etc. It's a bit cumbersome entering everything twice. I'm using a Mac G5, OS 10.4.11. On another note, :D any plans to include the Suunto PC Pod or the Polar CS400-CS600 computers?

Thanks

JohnCHCH

Re: Manual Entry of Heart Rate Data Problem

Post by JohnCHCH » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:15 am

I am afraid it does not seem like support is very forthcoming for this software. I feel I should perhaps have invested in another package - this one showed great promise but has nearly 0 support at present!
John

Rusty Smith

Post by Rusty Smith » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:02 pm

JohnCHCH:
I actually have found the support that Stuart offers to be very good and timely, particularly relative to what I believe to be a single handed effort to develope a piece of software for a variety of hardware implementations that have little or no native support for the Mac platform. You are right though - if you find another Mac-native application that does a better job for you, then you should definitely invest in it. When you find it, please be kind enough to report back here!
Rusty Smith
MacBook Pro (Unibody)
OS X 10.6.6
iSmartTrain v3.0.8 Beta 3
Polar Serial Adapter with Keyspan USA-19HS
Polar S625x
Polar cs200
Garmin Edge 500
Garmin Edge 800
Garmin Forerunner 310xt

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:28 pm

JohnCHCH wrote:I am afraid it does not seem like support is very forthcoming for this software. I feel I should perhaps have invested in another package - this one showed great promise but has nearly 0 support at present!
John

We spent quite a bit of time investigating this, and we've been unable to reproduce it so far.

Surely the fact that we've released a number of updates to V3.0 since July (4 in total, to date), containing both bug fixes and new features, confirms that we are supporting this software?

Regards

Stuart