Session list update takes too long

Discussions about the current release of iSMARTtrain
msimswil

Session list update takes too long

Post by msimswil » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:10 pm

Love all the new features. I'm using v3.0.4 on a 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Mac Pro. 3GB and >300GB on the HD.

I've been using iSmartTrain since 2005 and have around 1,400 sessions in my Diary. I only use list view - Calendar doesn't show what I want to see at a glance. I typically download data from my HRM once a week, which might be ten or fifteen sessions.

Problem (1) is that when I close the details page for any session the list takes about ten seconds to refresh. Even though I can see the sessions I'm immediately interested in -- the ones at the bottom -- I can't open them or do anything else until the list refresh is complete. v2 didn't exhibit this behaviour. It really messes with my workflow. (If you'll pardon the comparison, it's like waiting for Word 2008 to repaginate a 150-page document). I can understand the need to load the list on launch and after downloading, but I'd be much happier if it didn't load from scratch every time I look at session details.

Problem (2) is that clicking on the column headers doesn't re-sort the list based on that column. Is this a problem with my installation or something in the program?

Thanks

--Mike--

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Session list update takes too long

Post by Stuart » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:58 am

msimswil wrote:Problem (1) is that when I close the details page for any session the list takes about ten seconds to refresh. Even though I can see the sessions I'm immediately interested in -- the ones at the bottom -- I can't open them or do anything else until the list refresh is complete. v2 didn't exhibit this behaviour. It really messes with my workflow. (If you'll pardon the comparison, it's like waiting for Word 2008 to repaginate a 150-page document). I can understand the need to load the list on launch and after downloading, but I'd be much happier if it didn't load from scratch every time I look at session details.

Yes, I've confirmed that this is happening. The listbox should only be redrawn in its entrity if you change the data in the 'Edit Session' dialog, so it's obviously a bug. I'll look at getting it fix for the next release.

msimswil wrote:Problem (2) is that clicking on the column headers doesn't re-sort the list based on that column. Is this a problem with my installation or something in the program?

No, these don't do anything in the current release.

Regards

Stuart

msimswil

Re: Session list update takes too long

Post by msimswil » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:45 am

Thank you for your reply and attention 8-)