Asked to re-enter registration

Discussions about the current release of iSMARTtrain
Frank Bowman

Asked to re-enter registration

Post by Frank Bowman » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:50 pm

Hello Stuart.
I've just tried to open iSt but my preferences file is corrupt, and the registration details from my laptop are apparently invalid. Help!

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Asked to re-enter registration

Post by Stuart » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:33 pm

Frank Bowman wrote:Hello Stuart.
I've just tried to open iSt but my preferences file is corrupt, and the registration details from my laptop are apparently invalid. Help!

Hi Frank,
Delete your preferences file - it's called ~/Library/Preferences/com.otagtechnologies.ismarttrain.plist

Then, the next time you start iSMARTtrain you'll be asked to re-enter your registration details - if you don't have them, you'll be able to get them from our support site - http://www.ismarttrain.com/support.php - and clicking on Lost Serial Number.

Any problems, let me know.

Cheers

Stuart

Frank Bowman

Post by Frank Bowman » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:44 pm

Thanks. I have successfully re-registered but must have chosen the wrong option for database because I now have no data. What do I set in preferences?
Thanks.

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:57 pm

Frank Bowman wrote:Thanks. I have successfully re-registered but must have chosen the wrong option for database because I now have no data. What do I set in preferences?
Thanks.

Hi Frank,
If you've got a database with a different name or location, you'll need to go into the preferences -> advanced tab, and set the database location by selecting your database file using the 'Set' button.

Regards

Stuart

Frank Bowman

Post by Frank Bowman » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:27 am

Hello again Stuart.
I tried messing with preferences settings to no avail but everything loaded OK next time I booted up although all my preferences were changed.
So sorted, thanks.