Savign column width settings?

Discussions about the current release of iSMARTtrain
JohnCHCH

Savign column width settings?

Post by JohnCHCH » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:23 pm

All

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong - on the list view of exercises if I adjust the column width it does not retain this width. As soon as I update an exercise it resets all the widths.
Any ideas?
thanks
John

Racing Heart

Re: Savign column width settings?

Post by Racing Heart » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:49 pm

Don't fret, this has been a bug for as long as many beta versions as I can remember (at least a couple of years now). I guess it was never addressed before its official release from beta status, which is unfortunate.

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:16 pm

This was fixed in V3.0.1.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

Racing Heart

Post by Racing Heart » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:11 am

Sorry Stuart. You're right, I just tried adjusting the column widths and then quit the application and then restarted it and the new widths were retained. However, the reason I had made my comment was because there was actually an instance a couple days back when they reset back to their original widths after I had just readjusted them. I think it either happened 1) after having deleted a session, or else 2) it might have been while I was importing more than one session from the CS200, but importing them one at a time. I think I may have tried adjusting the column widths in between imports when the screen updated and the column widths changed back. Unfortunately, I cannot recall the exact scenario so that's not really of any help to you. But since I did experience it, I just assumed that the problem still existed. I'm leaning towards the former scenario because I know when I highlighted the session I wanted to delete, then hit the Delete key, the session was deleted fine but when the screen refreshed all the other sessions were suddenly listed twice for some reason. I would quit the app and then start it up again and then the duplicate entries would be gone.

JohnCHCH

Post by JohnCHCH » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:55 am

It still does not seem to remember the saved widths - if you set the widths then close the preferences window, then come back into preferences window for any reason the widths get reset to the original value
am I missing something?
John

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:16 pm

JohnCHCH wrote:It still does not seem to remember the saved widths - if you set the widths then close the preferences window, then come back into preferences window for any reason the widths get reset to the original value
am I missing something?
John

Not sure what you mean - you don't set the column widths in the preferences window. Do you mean setting the actual columns that are shown?

Regards

Stuart

JohnCHCH

Post by JohnCHCH » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:55 am

Thats where I though column widths were set - where else are they settable please?

john

JohnCHCH

Post by JohnCHCH » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:58 am

OK - I was wrong I set them in the main window, BUT if i go to preferences window for any reason the program resets the column widths to the original values

john

Racing Heart

Post by Racing Heart » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:18 am

JohnCHCH wrote:OK - I was wrong I set them in the main window, BUT if i go to preferences window for any reason the program resets the column widths to the original values

You're right, John. I posted earlier saying that the column width changes are saved, but as you stated, under certain circumstances the column widths revert back to their original widths. I knew I wasn't seeing things!

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:09 pm

Hi,
Managed to reproduce this and it's fixed in the next release.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart