Preferences > Advanced - How does it work?

Discussions about the current release of iSMARTtrain
LarryT

Preferences > Advanced - How does it work?

Post by LarryT » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:41 pm

Preferences > Advanced has two panels, DataBase File and Data Folder. I have a question about each.

In iSmartTrain 3, the DataBase File is an SQLite format file (not a text file). By default it is located in ~/Library/Application Support/iSMARTtrain/iSmartTrain.db. The preferences panel allows me to select a different database file, such as a recent backup. But experiments I have run convince me that the default file continues to be used. Is there an additional step I need to take to select a different db?

The Data Folder contains imported .hrm files. I import hrm files from a Polar S710 every week. But the most recent file that appears in the folder was created two months ago by iSmartTrain 2. Does iSmartTrain 3 use the files in this folder? Is the Data Folder selection now irrelevant? Is all hrm data in the db file now?

Thanks,

Larry

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Preferences > Advanced - How does it work?

Post by Stuart » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:48 pm

LarryT wrote:Preferences > Advanced has two panels, DataBase File and Data Folder. I have a question about each.

In iSmartTrain 3, the DataBase File is an SQLite format file (not a text file). By default it is located in ~/Library/Application Support/iSMARTtrain/iSmartTrain.db. The preferences panel allows me to select a different database file, such as a recent backup. But experiments I have run convince me that the default file continues to be used. Is there an additional step I need to take to select a different db?

What you're doing should work - I'll look into it.

LarryT wrote:The Data Folder contains imported .hrm files. I import hrm files from a Polar S710 every week. But the most recent file that appears in the folder was created two months ago by iSmartTrain 2. Does iSmartTrain 3 use the files in this folder? Is the Data Folder selection now irrelevant? Is all hrm data in the db file now?

No, iSMARTtrain V3.0 doesn't use this folder. The option is only there for users importing data from V2.0.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart