How to find old data in hard drive before reformating?

Discussions about the current release of iSMARTtrain
brianhalfiron

How to find old data in hard drive before reformating?

Post by brianhalfiron » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:40 pm

I need to reformat my Mac hard drive and have backed everything onto an external HD (a complete copy). I will not be able to use time machine or anything to restore the hard drive because this is an upgrade from 10.4.10 - 10.6.3. I can not find a folder for iSMARTtrain anywhere? Where are the files stored so I can reimport them when I reformat the hard drive and install OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.3.? I keep searching for iSmarttrain in finder without any luck. Where is the folder with the data saved and what should I be looking to find (named)?
Brian

Fastskiguy

Re: How to find old data in hard drive before reformating?

Post by Fastskiguy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:47 pm

I have the same question..where is the data? I found something in library->application support->ismarttrain but that didn't work. I have formatted my hard drive and have a clone of it before the formatting....I'd love to get my data :)

Joe

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:56 pm

If you haven't move the database to another location, it's in ~/Library/Application Support/iSMARTtrain/

Regards

Stuart

Fastskiguy

Post by Fastskiguy » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:28 am

Getting into that hidden library folder on my backup drive was a real pain! But it was there all right, I'm back in action. Thanks man!

Joe