Sequencing routes and using previous databease

Discussions about the current release of iSMARTtrain
sirjemo

Sequencing routes and using previous databease

Post by sirjemo » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:15 pm

Hi Stuart,
Is it possible to reorder the routes (via Manage Routes)? When I had about 10 routes it didn't matter, but now I've got loads and I can see I'm duplicating some. I'd like to be able to put similar routes together. I like comparing my times over the years, even though it's getting slower and slower!

Thanks Jim

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Sequencing routes and using previous databease

Post by Stuart » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:17 am

Hi Jim,
No, not possible at the moment.

Regards

Stuart

hackmann

Post by hackmann » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:13 pm

Actually you can. I do it all the time, I have groups for races and training regions.

drag-routes.png
In Manage Routes select another route (not the one you want to move) and just drag the route where you want it. Drag needs to be a single action and not a click and then a move otherwise the selected route changes to rename mode and can't be moved.

I always find it annoying that I can't drag once the route is selected but if Stuart doesn't know that dragging is possible that explains why he hasn't fixed that part :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hackmann

Post by hackmann » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:51 pm

Actually you can, I do it all the time to group by routes by races, distance or region :-)

drag-routes.png
In Manage Routes, start by selecting another route and not the one you want to move then drag the route where you want it. This should be a single action and not a click and then a move. Once click has become a select and the route is changed to rename mode you can't drag it. That last part has always a annoyed me a little but if Stuart doesn't know about this then he can't fix it ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:40 am

hackmann wrote:Actually you can, I do it all the time to group by routes by races, distance or region :-)

drag-routes.png
In Manage Routes, start by selecting another route and not the one you want to move then drag the route where you want it. This should be a single action and not a click and then a move. Once click has become a select and the route is changed to rename mode you can't drag it. That last part has always a annoyed me a little but if Stuart doesn't know about this then he can't fix it ;-)

I must have added that at some point in the past and forgotten about it! The reason you can't move the selected item is that that action (i.e. clicking on it to move it) lets you edit the name of the route.

Regards

Stuart