Error message on startup

Discussions about the current release of iSMARTtrain
Post Reply
yamarin
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:23 pm

Error message on startup

Post by yamarin » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:37 pm

Using an iBook G4 running OSX v 10.3.9

trying to start ismarttrain v. 3.0.7 then getting this message: (see attachment)

at the download section it says this version requires OSX v. 10.5 or newer. Does the older version support my version and where can I get it. (the iBook does not support a newer version of OSX)

any suggestions?

cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stuart
Site Admin
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:15 pm

Re: Error message on startup

Post by Stuart » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:12 pm

yamarin wrote:Using an iBook G4 running OSX v 10.3.9

trying to start ismarttrain v. 3.0.7 then getting this message: (see attachment)

at the download section it says this version requires OSX v. 10.5 or newer. Does the older version support my version and where can I get it. (the iBook does not support a newer version of OSX)

any suggestions?

cheers


Hi,
V3.0.5 is available here: http://www.ismarttrain.com/downloads/iSMARTtrainV305.dmg - this should work with 10.3.9. The latest release (V3.0.7) MAY run on 10.4, but I've only tested it on 10.5 & 10.6.

By the way, your iBook G4 will happily run 10.5 - I've got one that has 10.5 on it that my brother uses to do some iPhone development work for me.

Regards

Stuart

yamarin
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:23 pm

Re: Error message on startup

Post by yamarin » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:17 pm

Hi

that worked great!

Only one question, this version does not support flowlink does it?

How did you get 10.5 to work? I remember trying once and getting an error saying it only installs on an intel CPU platform?

yamarin
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:23 pm

Re: Error message on startup

Post by yamarin » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:33 pm

Sadly our iBook only has 300 something MB's of memory so isn't supposed to support 10.5, however a memory upgrade might be an idea.

Does 3.0.5 support the RS300X and Flowlink, can't seem to find an option for that under the settings area...

Stuart
Site Admin
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:15 pm

Re: Error message on startup

Post by Stuart » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:50 pm

yamarin wrote:Sadly our iBook only has 300 something MB's of memory so isn't supposed to support 10.5, however a memory upgrade might be an idea.

Does 3.0.5 support the RS300X and Flowlink, can't seem to find an option for that under the settings area...


Hi,
Only v3.0.7 supports Flowlink.

Regards

Stuart

Stuart
Site Admin
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:15 pm

Re: Error message on startup

Post by Stuart » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:51 pm

yamarin wrote:Hi

that worked great!

Only one question, this version does not support flowlink does it?

How did you get 10.5 to work? I remember trying once and getting an error saying it only installs on an intel CPU platform?


Hi,
The 10.5 that you'd buy from a store will support PPC and Intel processors.

Regards

Stuart

Post Reply