Program gets stuck when re-calculating zones

Discussions about the current release of iSMARTtrain
ntipton

Program gets stuck when re-calculating zones

Post by ntipton » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:47 am

I've changed to training with threshold as opposed to % of max heart rate and I entered new numbers in the Manage User section. When it asks me to re-calculate zones, I say "yes" then it hangs about 1,000 sessions into the re-calculation. I have about 2,000 sessions. Is the database just too big???
Nancy

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Program gets stuck when re-calculating zones

Post by Stuart » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:24 am

H Nancy,
Can you send me a copy of your database, please, and I'll try to reproduce the problem here -it's in ~/Library/Application Support/iSMARTtrain/iSMARTtrain.db

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

dmsaban

Post by dmsaban » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:44 pm

okay.. here's what I did, uploaded a session, and recalculated TRIMPs (after a recent update the TRIMPs are no longer calculated on import, so recalculating all the sessions was the only way to see the TRIMPs and HR zones). Right after upload this worked...but then I graph the HR data and edit the data (my HR monitor must be on it's last legs because every so often the the calculation will seem to skip a beat: 154 153 77 77 157). If I try to recalc the TRIMPs the I get "5 - database locked" and just recently the program crashed. So, two mysteries: 1) shouldn't he TRIMPs be calculated the first time the data is imported and 2) why does the database appear locked after I edit the data, but then unlocks when I upload new data. A possibly related problem: when I navigate the "Help" from the menu, I get error message saying that the help folder is missing. I installed the app in my user applications folder and did not manually move anything.

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:41 pm

dmsaban wrote:okay.. here's what I did, uploaded a session, and recalculated TRIMPs (after a recent update the TRIMPs are no longer calculated on import, so recalculating all the sessions was the only way to see the TRIMPs and HR zones). Right after upload this worked...but then I graph the HR data and edit the data (my HR monitor must be on it's last legs because every so often the the calculation will seem to skip a beat: 154 153 77 77 157). If I try to recalc the TRIMPs the I get "5 - database locked" and just recently the program crashed. So, two mysteries: 1) shouldn't he TRIMPs be calculated the first time the data is imported and 2) why does the database appear locked after I edit the data, but then unlocks when I upload new data. A possibly related problem: when I navigate the "Help" from the menu, I get error message saying that the help folder is missing. I installed the app in my user applications folder and did not manually move anything.

Hi,
Can you send me a copy of your database, please - location is in the post above - and I'll have a look at this. You're correct that the TRIMPs should be calculated when the session is added - what model of HRM are you downloading from?

Thanks & Regards

Stuart