Congrats!

Discussions about the current release of iSMARTtrain
macguyincali

Congrats!

Post by macguyincali » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:48 pm

Whew, that took a while, but 3.0 is born. As I continue to explore the new changes and environment, I have noticed a minor bug which I'm sure is already being addressed. Nonetheless, here it is:

In Activity Edit mode, for swimming events, when I enter the Yardage corresponding to a workout, it automatically calculates the pace as minutes / 100 meters or minutes / 100 Yards or whatever you specify. However, I am getting some unusual numbers (30 minutes per 100 meters, when my own math tells me it was something like 1:30 per 100 Yards).

What's odd, is that when I change the units from /100m to /100Y the numbers change to something seemingly random. If I flip back and forth between the two units, I get a different number each time.

Anything I'm doing wrong? (see the arbitrarily assigned pace numbers when all else remains the same, in attachments)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

macguyincali

Re: Congrats!

Post by macguyincali » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:14 pm

It seems that the new update has fixed the problem. Still there are a few little glitches regarding pacing, particularly the swim pacing. The pace still migrates down when you switch back and forth between minutes/100m and minutes/100Y. A little bizarre.

Also in the totals view, the average speed listed is in min/100y and there is no way to alter that. The other issue is that I believe the actual pace listed is per 100m even though labeled per 100y. If there were a way to designate what system average pace is listed globally, that would be nice, or at least in the totals window.

Thanks.

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:17 pm

Hi,
The pace displayed in the List View and Totals window should be the units that you've got set for the sport in the 'Manage Activities' dialog. That's as near to 'Global' units as there are.

Regards

Stuart

macguyincali

Post by macguyincali » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:17 pm

Stuart wrote:Hi,
The pace displayed in the List View and Totals window should be the units that you've got set for the sport in the 'Manage Activities' dialog. That's as near to 'Global' units as there are.

Regards

Stuart

Ah, however, I do have it set to min/100m and yet it still displays min/100Y in both Totals window as well as in the Edit Activity window... it defaults to min/100y when I select Swimming. Also, when if you switch pace back and forth repeatedly between /100m and /100Y, the pace starts migrating downwards (nice if I want to feel faster than I really am ;) )

In theory it is global, but in practice, not so much. Generally quite happy with this release, however, despite my griping. Thanks for doing such a good job with it.