Where's my database?

Discussions about the current release of iSMARTtrain
msimswil

Where's my database?

Post by msimswil » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:19 pm

Hi. I'm using Mac OS X 10.5.8 and iSmartTrain 3.0.5.

I'm taking a trip with my bike so wanted to transfer my iSMARTtrain install to my portable (a Dell Mini 9 :D ) to take with me.

According to the app's preference, the data is stored in ~/Documents/iSMARTtrain Data/iSMARTtrain.db

It's the first time I've looked for them, but I can't find the folder iSMARTtrain Data or the database file iSMARTtrain.db in the specified ~/Documents/ location. Spotlight can't find them either - even searching for invisible items.

Can anyone help me find my database so that I can copy it? TIA

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Where's my database?

Post by Stuart » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:23 pm

msimswil wrote:Hi. I'm using Mac OS X 10.5.8 and iSmartTrain 3.0.5.

I'm taking a trip with my bike so wanted to transfer my iSMARTtrain install to my portable (a Dell Mini 9 :D ) to take with me.

According to the app's preference, the data is stored in ~/Documents/iSMARTtrain Data/iSMARTtrain.db

It's the first time I've looked for them, but I can't find the folder iSMARTtrain Data or the database file iSMARTtrain.db in the specified ~/Documents/ location. Spotlight can't find them either - even searching for invisible items.

Can anyone help me find my database so that I can copy it? TIA

Hi,
It's in ~/Library/Application Support/iSMARTtrain/iSMARTtrain.db - the option in the preferences is the location that was used by V2.0.x to store the individual Polar .hrm files.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart
Yellow Field Technologies Ltd

msimswil

Post by msimswil » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:27 pm

Thanks, Stuart, for the blindingly fast reply. You might like to take those slightly confusing options out..?

--mike--

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:42 pm

msimswil wrote:Thanks, Stuart, for the blindingly fast reply. You might like to take those slightly confusing options out..?

--mike--

We'll probably drop those options soon, but for the moment, I'll just re-word them a bit to make it clear that they refer to V2.0.x files only.

Regards

Stuart
Yellow Field Technologies Ltd