Compatibility with Polar M430

Discussions about the current release of iSMARTtrain
sanfairyanne

Compatibility with Polar M430

Post by sanfairyanne » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:35 pm

I'm trying to find a software that will allow me to overlay training sessions in graph form, from what I can tell iSMARTtrain will do this. I am totally new to this programme, in fact, I have yet to even download the free trial version. I looked and it appears that previous versions were not compatible with the M430 Polar, perhaps someone can assure me that the latest version is compatible and that I can overlay training data in graph form before I spend time learning how to use the software.

Many thanks in advance.

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Compatibility with Polar M430

Post by Stuart » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:05 pm

Hi,
At the moment, the software isn't compatible with the M430.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

sanfairyanne

Post by sanfairyanne » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:09 pm

Thanks Stuart, should anyone know of some software for overlaying the graph data from my Polar M430 (i.e. two separate workouts) I would really appreciate it. Perhaps I'm missing something, but to me it seems a good way of comparing fitness levels. Essentially I want to look at one treadmill session whilst relatively unfit and compare it with successive graphs as I get fitter.

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:11 am

I'm looking at added Polar Flow support to iSMARTtrain, where you'll be able to download your data from Polar Flow into iSMARTtrain - once this is working (probably a few months away), you should be able to compare sessions.

Direct downloading from the Polar devices is unlikely to happen, and Polar don't make details of their protocol public, and it's a lot of work to reverse-engineer it.

Keep and eye on our blog (http://ismarttrain.com/blog/) for updated.

Regards

Stuart

sanfairyanne

Post by sanfairyanne » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:14 pm

Thanks very much I'll keep an eye on the blog.

Much appreciated.