Left Polar Recording - How To Delete Blank Data?

Discussions about the current release of iSMARTtrain
randy

Left Polar Recording - How To Delete Blank Data?

Post by randy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:12 am

I accidentally left my Polar watch recording data after I stopped, so it kept on recording a new data row every 5 seconds until the memory filled - about 27 hours later. Only the first 90 minutes actually has any content. How can I clean up the session data? I'd like to just delete all the blank sample rows.

jfj

Re: Left Polar Recording - How To Delete Blank Data?

Post by jfj » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:06 am

Very easy!

Just click on the exercise in question, then "data table". Mark all the lines you would like to delete (a lot here). Choose "edit" / "cut" rom the menuline. That is all!

randy

Re: Left Polar Recording - How To Delete Blank Data?

Post by randy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:24 pm

Thanks jfj - only because you posted did I pay enough attention to see how it actually works. There is a bug in the implementation that fooled me into thinking it doesn't work at all in version 3.0.5.

Selecting and deleting a range of lines in the Data Table is one of the first things I tried (long before I posted), and I saw that the selected lines do NOT get deleted. I mistakenly thought the Delete failed altogether, when in fact what happens is that the lines at the end of the file get deleted, regardless of which rows are actually selected (highlighted). Since the end of the file was almost 20,000 rows past where I selected, I didn't even notice it. What I did notice was that if I selected a single line and deleted it, say the row at 1:32:50, its timestamp would change to 1:32:49. If I selected that row and deleted it (Apple-X) again, its value would revert to 1:32:50. This toggle-cycle repeated for at least 10 attempts. But 20,000 lines below, single lines were actually being deleted from the end of the file!

Aside from this bug, I also found selecting a range of lines tedious. It takes 25 seconds to select one hour's worth of lines (720) by dragging the mouse with the Shift key depressed. In addition to being slow, this selection technique consumes 50% of my cpu while I'm dragging. A shortcut that allowed me to delete "from the current line to the end of the file" would be handy.