New Beta with Suunto Support

Discussions on Suunto's Range of Heart Rate Monitors
gattia

Re: New Beta with Suunto Support

Post by gattia » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:05 pm

I have a T4c, and have tried a combination of the things suggested above and it still isnt working. It isnt noticed in the Butler device either and I just changed my batter 2 weeks ago. Any information or help would be greatly appreciated.
Anthony.

Mhaverix

Post by Mhaverix » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:32 pm

Mhaverix wrote:Hi Stuart,
I have a MacBook Air whit SL.
I have installed the latest version Beta 19 and the package Suunto_T6_Driver.zip" whit the FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_2_10.
Only then I saw that there was a newer version FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_2_14 and I installed it without remove the previous version.
Actually, in iSmarTtrain Manage Device Settings, if T6 is not connected there isn't usbserial port displayed but if T6 Device is connected (directly) the "USBSERIAL-ST000001" is displayed and Device list show "Suunto T6/T6c".
Suunto T6 Show "PC INTERFACE" but when attempting to connect it suggests that i have not loaded the driver.
Any suggestion ?

Thanks,
Mhaverix

Hi Stuart,
any news ?

Thanks,
Mhaverix

dna0713

Post by dna0713 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:43 pm

it seems like there are multiple posts from T6c users about the program suggesting the driver is not loaded when it is. Is there any work being done to fix this?

thanks,
dave

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Thu May 06, 2010 9:02 pm

dna0713 wrote:it seems like there are multiple posts from T6c users about the program suggesting the driver is not loaded when it is. Is there any work being done to fix this?

thanks,
dave

We're looking into it - we also have multiple users who the driver works for, so it's a hard task to see what the problem is.

Regards

Stuart

melle

Post by melle » Wed May 12, 2010 10:19 pm

IVP... You're the man!!

I updated the plist file, and presto!

Oh... you need to sudo the kext reload and the touch command.

Thanks man. The t4d I bought reads just fine :D

- Melle

Joost1972

Post by Joost1972 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:15 am

Hi Stuart,

Do you have any news regarding the driver problem some people are having? I can't connect the Suunto T6C. When I try to receive the data from the Suunto I get the message to install the drive (which is already installed). I use the 3.0.06 version of your program

Joost

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:07 am

Joost1972 wrote:Hi Stuart,

Do you have any news regarding the driver problem some people are having? I can't connect the Suunto T6C. When I try to receive the data from the Suunto I get the message to install the drive (which is already installed). I use the 3.0.06 version of your program

Joost

Hi Joost,
No news yet.

Regards

Stuart

MarkSharrock

Post by MarkSharrock » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:01 pm

Hi Stuart

I have what seems to be the same issue with the t6c. After installing the driver however - it comes up in "Network" as a USB modem which is un-configured and with a status of "Not Connected".

Let me know if you need any additional information,

Mark.

MarkSharrock

Post by MarkSharrock » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:07 pm

Hi Stuart

I have a similar issue with the t6c. I was wondering why - after installing the driver - it shows as a USB <-> Serial cable that looks very much like a modem - with a Status of "Not Configured". Is this correct?

Thanks

Mark

colin.blackburn

Post by colin.blackburn » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:32 am

I had a similar the problem with my T6 to that described by a few people above.

When I first installed iSmarttrain last year it worked. I have returned to using it after a gap of a few months and it wouldn't see the Suunto. The USB driver was installed. On one occasion I noticed that the watch was displaying PC Interface and so thought there must be some connection. I then tried again but this time pressing the connector tightly closed. Success!

Looking at the connection points on the back of the watch there is a fair bit of dirt in the little pits, though definitely some exposed metal contact at the bottom. So I wonder how reliable this connection is and whether this is creating the problem for anyone above. It might just be worth squeezing the connector and trying again.

Colin