New Beta with Suunto Support

Discussions on Suunto's Range of Heart Rate Monitors
Stuart
Site Admin

Re: New Beta with Suunto Support

Post by Stuart » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:06 pm

kiwibiker wrote:With usbserial-0000101D selected in 'Port', PowerTap, Polar S Series, SRM Training System and Ergomo are listed in the Device list.

Suunto T6C displays 'PC Interface'.

Are you SURE you're running Beta 17 and not V3.0.5? The Suunto T6 should show when ANY serial device is selected in the 'Ports' popup, as we have no way of knowing if the serial port is actually a Suunto device or not.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:08 pm

dna0713 wrote:i am on a macbook with OS 10.5.8 using beta 17 with the T6 drivers installed. i can get the program to recognize the T6 when plugged into the USB port but when i try to upload data i get an error message stating that i need to ensure the driver is installed. (i've installed it 3 times). any help?

dave

Guys,
for those of you having this problem, can you please tick the 'Log Transactions' checkbox and try another download. Once the download has failed, you'll see a file in your 'Documents' folder called something like 'ismarttrain_2010-02-20_20_00_56.log' with today's date & time. Can you send me the file, please, and it'll help me see what's going wrong.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

fatman

Post by fatman » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:29 am

Hi Stuart

I am technically challenged, so please excuse my rough attempt to do this. The log is displayed below. I hope this helps.

60722 - Log File Opened
60808 - SuuntoFunctions:initHandles
60809 - ./libSuuntoPropertySDK.dylib registered!
60809 - SuuntoFunctions:StartSDK
60809 - SuuntoFunctions:mPROPERTYSDK_GetPropertySize
60809 - SuuntoFunctions:mPROPERTYSDK_GetPropertyInfo
60809 - SuuntoFunctions:mPROPERTYSDK_GetProperty
60809 - Requested: VERSION, Received: 2.0
60809 - Requested: DEVICES, Received: T6;T3;T4;SMARTBELT;X6;X6HR;MEMBELT
60809 - Requested: ALLPROPERTIES, Received: ALLPROPERTIES;ALTITUDESAMPLES;BATTERYSTATUS;CADENCESAMPLES;CHECKCONNECTION;CSPVERSION;DEVICEMODEL;DEVICENAME;DEVICES;DEVICETIME;DISTANCESAMPLES;ENERGYSAMPLES;EPOCSAMPLES;HISTORY_HIGHESTPOINT;HISTORY_HIGHESTTIME;HISTORY_HRABOVELIMITS;HISTORY_HRBELOWLIMITS;HISTORY_INSIDELIMITS;HISTORY_RESET;HISTORY_RESETTIME;HISTORY_TOTALASCENT;HISTORY_TOTALDESCENT;HISTORY_TOTALDISTANCE;HISTORY_TOTALDURATION;HRSAMPLES;IBISAMPLES;LAPALTITUDES;LAPASCENTS;LAPAVEHRS;LAPAVESPEEDS;LAPCADENCE;LAPCOUNT;LAPDESCENTS;LAPDISTANCES;LAPHRS;LAPMAXSPEED;LAPTIMES;LAPTYPES;LOGACTIVITYCLASS;LOGASCENTALTITUDE;LOGASCENTTIME;LOGAVECADENCE;LOGAVERAGESPEED;LOGCALORIES;LOGCOUNT;LOGDELETE;LOGDESCENTALTITUDE;LOGDESCENTTIME;LOGDISTANCE;LOGDURATION;LOGDURATIONS;LOGEPOC;LOGHIGHALTITUDE;LOGHIGHALTITUDETIME;LOGHRAVG;LOGHRLIMITHIGH;LOGHRLIMITLOW;LOGHRMAX;LOGHRMIN;LOGHRZONE1;LOGHRZONE2;LOGHRZONE3;LOGHRZONE4;LOGINDEX;LOGLOWALTITUDE;LOGLOWALTITUDETIME;LOGMAXSPEED;LOGSAMPLERATE;LOGTIME;LOGTIMEABOVELIMITS;LOGTIMEABOVEZONE4;LOGTIMEBELOWLIMITS;LOGTIMEBELOWZONE1;LOGTIMEINSIDELIMITS;LOGTIMEINZONE1;LOGTIMEINZONE2;LOGTIMEINZONE3;LOGTIMES;LOGTRAININGEFFECT;LOGUSEHRLIMITS;MEMORYSTATUS;PORT;PORTDESCRIPTOR;SERIALNUMBER;SETTINGS_ACTIVITYCLASS;SETTINGS_AGE;SETTINGS_ALTITUDEUNIT;SETTINGS_BIRTHYEAR;SETTINGS_CLOCKMODE;SETTINGS_DATEMODE;SETTINGS_DISTANCEUNIT;SETTINGS_FREELOGSWARNING;SETTINGS_GENDER;SETTINGS_HEIGHT;SETTINGS_HEIGHTUNIT;SETTINGS_HISTORYHRHIGHLIMIT;SETTINGS_HISTORYHRLOWLIMIT;SETTINGS_HISTORYHRMINLIMIT;SETTINGS_HRHIGHLIMIT;SETTINGS_HRLIMITALARM;SETTINGS_HRLOWLIMIT;SETTINGS_HRMAX;SETTINGS_HRMIN;SETTINGS_HRUNIT;SETTINGS_HRZONE1;SETTINGS_HRZONE2;SETTINGS_HRZONE3;SETTINGS_HRZONE4;SETTINGS_IBISTOREPOLICY;SETTINGS_ICONS;SETTINGS_LIGHTS;SETTINGS_MEMORYFREEWARNING;SETTINGS_METS;SETTINGS_PERSONALDATA;SETTINGS_PRESSUREUNIT;SETTINGS_SPEEDPODUNIT_1;SETTINGS_SPEEDPODUNIT_2;SETTINGS_SPEEDPODUNIT_3;SETTINGS_SPEEDPODUNIT_4;SETTINGS_SPEEDUNIT;SETTINGS_STORE;SETTINGS_STOREINTERVAL;SETTINGS_STORE_ALTITUDE;SETTINGS_STORE_CADENCE;SETTINGS_STORE_CALORIES;SETTINGS_STORE_DISTANCE;SETTINGS_STORE_EPOC;SETTINGS_STORE_R-R;SETTINGS_STORE_TEMPERATURE;SETTINGS_TEMPERATUREUNIT;SETTINGS_TONES;SETTINGS_TRAININGLEVEL;SETTINGS_USERNAME;SETTINGS_VERTCALSPEEDUNIT;SETTINGS_WEIGHT;SETTINGS_WEIGHTUNIT;SWVERSION;TEMPSAMPLES;TIVERSION;VERSION
60825 - SuuntoFunctions:mPROPERTYSDK_OpenDevice
61039 - SuuntoFunctions:mPROPERTYSDK_Close

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:37 pm

fatman wrote:Hi Stuart

I am technically challenged, so please excuse my rough attempt to do this. The log is displayed below. I hope this helps.

60722 - Log File Opened
60808 - SuuntoFunctions:initHandles
60809 - ./libSuuntoPropertySDK.dylib registered!
60809 - SuuntoFunctions:StartSDK
60809 - Requested: VERSION, Received: 2.0
60809 - Requested: DEVICES, Received: T6;T3;T4;SMARTBELT;X6;X6HR;MEMBELT
60809 - Requested: ALLPROPERTIES, Received: ALLPROPERTIES;ALTITUDESAMPLES;BATTERYSTATUS;CADENCESAMPLES;CHECKCONNECTION;CSPVERSION;DEVICEMODEL;DEVICENAME;DEVICES;DEVICETIME;DISTANCESAMPLES;ENERGYSAMPLES;EPOCSAMPLES;HISTORY_HIGHESTPOINT;HISTORY_HIGHESTTIME;HISTORY_HRABOVELIMITS;HISTORY_HRBELOWLIMITS;HISTORY_INSIDELIMITS;HISTORY_RESET;HISTORY_RESETTIME;HISTORY_TOTALASCENT;HISTORY_TOTALDESCENT;HISTORY_TOTALDISTANCE;HISTORY_TOTALDURATION;HRSAMPLES;IBISAMPLES;LAPALTITUDES;LAPASCENTS;LAPAVEHRS;LAPAVESPEEDS;LAPCADENCE;LAPCOUNT;LAPDESCENTS;LAPDISTANCES;LAPHRS;LAPMAXSPEED;LAPTIMES;LAPTYPES;LOGACTIVITYCLASS;LOGASCENTALTITUDE;LOGASCENTTIME;LOGAVECADENCE;LOGAVERAGESPEED;LOGCALORIES;LOGCOUNT;LOGDELETE;LOGDESCENTALTITUDE;LOGDESCENTTIME;LOGDISTANCE;LOGDURATION;LOGDURATIONS;LOGEPOC;LOGHIGHALTITUDE;LOGHIGHALTITUDETIME;LOGHRAVG;LOGHRLIMITHIGH;LOGHRLIMITLOW;LOGHRMAX;LOGHRMIN;LOGHRZONE1;LOGHRZONE2;LOGHRZONE3;LOGHRZONE4;LOGINDEX;LOGLOWALTITUDE;LOGLOWALTITUDETIME;LOGMAXSPEED;LOGSAMPLERATE;LOGTIME;LOGTIMEABOVELIMITS;LOGTIMEABOVEZONE4;LOGTIMEBELOWLIMITS;LOGTIMEBELOWZONE1;LOGTIMEINSIDELIMITS;LOGTIMEINZONE1;LOGTIMEINZONE2;LOGTIMEINZONE3;LOGTIMES;LOGTRAININGEFFECT;LOGUSEHRLIMITS;MEMORYSTATUS;PORT;PORTDESCRIPTOR;SERIALNUMBER;SETTINGS_ACTIVITYCLASS;SETTINGS_AGE;SETTINGS_ALTITUDEUNIT;SETTINGS_BIRTHYEAR;SETTINGS_CLOCKMODE;SETTINGS_DATEMODE;SETTINGS_DISTANCEUNIT;SETTINGS_FREELOGSWARNING;SETTINGS_GENDER;SETTINGS_HEIGHT;SETTINGS_HEIGHTUNIT;SETTINGS_HISTORYHRHIGHLIMIT;SETTINGS_HISTORYHRLOWLIMIT;SETTINGS_HISTORYHRMINLIMIT;SETTINGS_HRHIGHLIMIT;SETTINGS_HRLIMITALARM;SETTINGS_HRLOWLIMIT;SETTINGS_HRMAX;SETTINGS_HRMIN;SETTINGS_HRUNIT;SETTINGS_HRZONE1;SETTINGS_HRZONE2;SETTINGS_HRZONE3;SETTINGS_HRZONE4;SETTINGS_IBISTOREPOLICY;SETTINGS_ICONS;SETTINGS_LIGHTS;SETTINGS_MEMORYFREEWARNING;SETTINGS_METS;SETTINGS_PERSONALDATA;SETTINGS_PRESSUREUNIT;SETTINGS_SPEEDPODUNIT_1;SETTINGS_SPEEDPODUNIT_2;SETTINGS_SPEEDPODUNIT_3;SETTINGS_SPEEDPODUNIT_4;SETTINGS_SPEEDUNIT;SETTINGS_STORE;SETTINGS_STOREINTERVAL;SETTINGS_STORE_ALTITUDE;SETTINGS_STORE_CADENCE;SETTINGS_STORE_CALORIES;SETTINGS_STORE_DISTANCE;SETTINGS_STORE_EPOC;SETTINGS_STORE_R-R;SETTINGS_STORE_TEMPERATURE;SETTINGS_TEMPERATUREUNIT;SETTINGS_TONES;SETTINGS_TRAININGLEVEL;SETTINGS_USERNAME;SETTINGS_VERTCALSPEEDUNIT;SETTINGS_WEIGHT;SETTINGS_WEIGHTUNIT;SWVERSION;TEMPSAMPLES;TIVERSION;VERSION
60825 - SuuntoFunctions:mPROPERTYSDK_OpenDevice
61039 - SuuntoFunctions:mPROPERTYSDK_Close

Thanks for that - at least I know WHERE it's failing now! Can you have a look and see if there's a file called 'PropertySDK.log' in the topmost folder of your hard drive (i.e. the root folder), please. If there is, can you sen me that, please.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

fatman

Post by fatman » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:14 am

Hi Stuart

There is a PropertySDK.log file and here is what it has...

[0.020] ErrorLogFile changed 'ErrorLog.txt' -> 'PropertySDK.log'
[0.021] Open PropertySDK 2.0
[2.946] PodManager::Impl::Impl()
[2.947] PodManager::Impl::~Impl()
[2.947] Close PropertySDK
[788.227] Open PropertySDK 2.0
[792.257] Close PropertySDK

Regards,
Stuart

cabbott

Post by cabbott » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi Stuart,

I just tried beta 18 with suunto t6c (snow leopard 10.6, usb directly into macbook). I am having the same problem with the download ("install drivers" message despite installing correct driver from ismattrain.com/drivers). here's the "log transactions" information:
[0.001] ErrorLogFile changed 'ErrorLog.txt' -> 'PropertySDK.log'
[0.001] Open PropertySDK 2.0
[4.726] PodManager::Impl::Impl()
[4.726] PodManager::Impl::~Impl()
[4.726] Close PropertySDK
[186.159] Open PropertySDK 2.0
[188.852] Close PropertySDK

One other concern: many of your users will also be using poweragent with snow leopard. The current suunto driver interferes with poweragent/snow leopard (poweragent site has instructions to remove this driver when using snow leopard).

Thanks,
Chris

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:53 pm

cabbott wrote:Hi Stuart,

I just tried beta 18 with suunto t6c (snow leopard 10.6, usb directly into macbook). I am having the same problem with the download ("install drivers" message despite installing correct driver from ismattrain.com/drivers). here's the "log transactions" information:
[0.001] ErrorLogFile changed 'ErrorLog.txt' -> 'PropertySDK.log'
[0.001] Open PropertySDK 2.0
[4.726] PodManager::Impl::Impl()
[4.726] PodManager::Impl::~Impl()
[4.726] Close PropertySDK
[186.159] Open PropertySDK 2.0
[188.852] Close PropertySDK

One other concern: many of your users will also be using poweragent with snow leopard. The current suunto driver interferes with poweragent/snow leopard (poweragent site has instructions to remove this driver when using snow leopard).

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks Chris.
I'm aware of the driver clash - I've got a PowerTap as well as a Suunto.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:23 pm

ok, Next test - can someone who's reasonable comfortable using the command-line/Terminal download the following, please.

http://www.ismarttrain.com/downloads/SuuntoTest.zip

Once you've downloaded it, navigate to the folder (it should contain two files), and execute the file 'SDKTest' (./SDKTest).

You should see a few lines of text displayed, then a short pause, then a lot more lines of text describing the data on your T6.

Can you post the text that's displayed here, please. Hopefully, this should help me along the next step of fully supporting Suunto devices.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

cabbott

Post by cabbott » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:08 am

Hi Stuart,

I reinstalled the driver and ran the SuuntoTest. Here's the output:
chris-abbotts-computer-2:~ chrisabbott$ /Users/chrisabbott/Desktop/SuuntoTest/SDKTest ; exit;
dyld: Library not loaded: ./libSuuntoPropertySDK.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/chrisabbott/Desktop/SuuntoTest/SDKTest
Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap
logout

Cheers,
Chris

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:14 am

cabbott wrote:Hi Stuart,

I reinstalled the driver and ran the SuuntoTest. Here's the output:
chris-abbotts-computer-2:~ chrisabbott$ /Users/chrisabbott/Desktop/SuuntoTest/SDKTest ; exit;
dyld: Library not loaded: ./libSuuntoPropertySDK.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/chrisabbott/Desktop/SuuntoTest/SDKTest
Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap
logout

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris,
Did you navigate to the folder containing the files first (i.e. type 'cd' in the terminal, then drag the enclosing folder onto the terminal window, so that the path in the command prompt shows the folder path)? If you don't do this, then the executable won't be able to find the dylib file.

Thanks

Stuart