New Beta with Suunto Support

Discussions on Suunto's Range of Heart Rate Monitors
Stuart
Site Admin

Re: New Beta with Suunto Support

Post by Stuart »

Joost1972 wrote:Hi Stuart,

I downloaded the version 3.0.6 beta 15, and I'm not able to download the data from the Suunto T6C, but I;m able to select the Suunto from the menu. I also installed the serial cable drives. What is going wrong?

Joost

Do you see a new serial device appearing in the 'Ports' popup when you plug the serial cable in?

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

Joost1972

Post by Joost1972 »

Hi Suart,

when I connect the usb cable I can see the "usbserial-00002006" and select Suunto T6/T6C. Which is good! But when I try to download the data from the Suunto, I get the message to instal the drivers again (www.ismarttrain.com\drivers). I'm doing something wrong but don't know what

Joost

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Joost1972 wrote:Hi Stuart,

I downloaded the version 3.0.6 beta 15, and I'm not able to download the data from the Suunto T6C, but I;m able to select the Suunto from the menu. I also installed the serial cable drives. What is going wrong?

Joost

Hmmm... sounds like you're doing the right things - can you try with the cable plugged directly into your Mac (i.e. not through a hub or into a keyboard port)

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

cabbott

Post by cabbott »

Hi Stuart,

I'm having the same problem as Joost (re: "install device driver" message with download attempts). The suunto cable is plugged directly into my macbook. I also have Poweragent (powertap) installed. Could the Powertap driver interfere with the suunto driver?

thanks,
Chris

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

cabbott wrote:Hi Stuart,

I'm having the same problem as Joost (re: "install device driver" message with download attempts). The suunto cable is plugged directly into my macbook. I also have Poweragent (powertap) installed. Could the Powertap driver interfere with the suunto driver?

thanks,
Chris

Hmmm.... I know the PowerTap uses the same chipset as the Suunto, so it's possible - I'll look into it.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

Joost1972

Post by Joost1972 »

Hi Suart,

I plugged in the cable directly to the usb connection of the Imac, but no positive result. The Imac is running on 10.6 could this be a problem?

Joost

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Joost1972 wrote:Hi Suart,

I plugged in the cable directly to the usb connection of the Imac, but no positive result. The Imac is running on 10.6 could this be a problem?

Joost

No, not a 10.6 problem - that's what i'm using.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

Joost1972

Post by Joost1972 »

Hi Suart,

and what should I do know :shock: ?

Joost

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

Joost1972 wrote:Hi Suart,

and what should I do know :shock: ?

Joost

Wait until I've got a solution!

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

adamrice

Post by adamrice »

I wasn't getting anything before. I tried editing this plist file, which caused something to happen: somewhat like Dee reported, this is showing up in my Network prefs as a modem. It's not working though. I get "no pc comm" on my t3c.