New Beta with Suunto Support

Discussions on Suunto's Range of Heart Rate Monitors
Dee

Re: New Beta with Suunto Support

Post by Dee »

Hi!
Thanks for your answer.
Sorry, I've made an error, it's not sonylink, but SonicLink for the polar watch.

In Informations System / Material / USB
I can see "Suunto PC Pod" and is specifications

I've test the software from 2peak but it doesn't work too.
I think that's the same driver, but I try with their with no result.

I test the PcPod under Windows with a friend and it works fine.

Thanks for your support and sorry for my bad english,
I tried to search again,

Dee

JimS

Post by JimS »

Hi Stuart,

I too attempted to load the latest version (3.0.6 beta14) running on OS X 10.6.2 and it appears that the drivers have a problem with Snow Leopard. When looking in the console, I'm seeing error messages related to SLAB_USBtoUART kernel extension not loading. Below is s snipit from the console log:

Nov 25 18:36:37 jims-mac com.apple.kextcache[14686]: Can't read info dictionary for SLAB_USBtoUART.kext: IOCFUnserialize: syntax error near line 3.
Nov 25 18:36:37 jims-mac com.apple.kextd[10]: Can't read info dictionary for SLAB_USBtoUART.kext: IOCFUnserialize: syntax error near line 3.
Nov 25 18:37:03 jims-mac com.apple.kextd[10]: Error: Kext /System/Library/Extensions/SLAB_USBtoUART - not found/unable to create.
Nov 25 18:55:18 jims-mac com.apple.kextcache[829]: Can't read info dictionary for SLAB_USBtoUART.kext: IOCFUnserialize: syntax error near line 3.
Nov 25 18:56:50 jims-mac com.apple.kextcache[940]: Can't read info dictionary for SLAB_USBtoUART.kext: IOCFUnserialize: syntax error near line 3.
Nov 25 18:56:59 jims-mac com.apple.kextd[10]: Error: Kext /System/Library/Extensions/SLAB_USBtoUART - not found/unable to create.
Nov 25 21:25:37 jims-mac com.apple.kextcache[904]: Can't read info dictionary for SLAB_USBtoUART.kext: IOCFUnserialize: syntax error near line 3.
Nov 25 21:25:48 jims-mac com.apple.kextd[10]: Error: Kext /System/Library/Extensions/SLAB_USBtoUART - not found/unable to create.
Nov 25 21:37:32 jims-mac com.apple.kextcache[823]: Can't read info dictionary for SLAB_USBtoUART.kext: IOCFUnserialize: syntax error near line 3.
Nov 25 21:55:29 jims-mac com.apple.kextcache[945]: Can't read info dictionary for SLAB_USBtoUART.kext: IOCFUnserialize: syntax error near line 3.
Nov 25 21:55:38 jims-mac com.apple.kextd[10]: Error: Kext /System/Library/Extensions/SLAB_USBtoUART - not found/unable to create.

I'm anxious to buy my full license and get going with my new t4c but I need to see some downloads first...

Thanks,
Jim

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

JimS wrote:Hi Stuart,

I too attempted to load the latest version (3.0.6 beta14) running on OS X 10.6.2 and it appears that the drivers have a problem with Snow Leopard. When looking in the console, I'm seeing error messages related to SLAB_USBtoUART kernel extension not loading. Below is s snipit from the console log:

Nov 25 18:36:37 jims-mac com.apple.kextcache[14686]: Can't read info dictionary for SLAB_USBtoUART.kext: IOCFUnserialize: syntax error near line 3.
Nov 25 21:55:38 jims-mac com.apple.kextd[10]: Error: Kext /System/Library/Extensions/SLAB_USBtoUART - not found/unable to create.

I'm anxious to buy my full license and get going with my new t4c but I need to see some downloads first...

Thanks,
Jim

Hi Jim,
It's not specifically a 10.6.2 issue as it works perfectly here on my Macbook with 10.6.2. I suspect that either another driver is loading first and 'grabbing' the PC Pod, or it's not happy running on a 64-bit kernel. I need to do a bit more research into this.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart
Yellow Field Technologies Ltd

JimS

Post by JimS »

It's not specifically a 10.6.2 issue as it works perfectly here on my Macbook with 10.6.2. I suspect that either another driver is loading first and 'grabbing' the PC Pod, or it's not happy running on a 64-bit kernel. I need to do a bit more research into this.

Thanks for the quick reply. FYI - I am running with the 32-bit kernel. Based your thought about another driver grabbing the PC Pod, I checked the console for messages after the pod is plugged in. I noticed the pcscd process loading and stating "Non-smartcard device launched pcscd". Could this be a clue? I can find my way around Unix reasonably well, so if there is somewhere I can look to see what driver might be interfering, I can do that if you tell me where to look.

Thanks.

- Jim

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

JimS wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. FYI - I am running with the 32-bit kernel. Based your thought about another driver grabbing the PC Pod, I checked the console for messages after the pod is plugged in. I noticed the pcscd process loading and stating "Non-smartcard device launched pcscd". Could this be a clue? I can find my way around Unix reasonably well, so if there is somewhere I can look to see what driver might be interfering, I can do that if you tell me where to look.

Thanks.

- Jim

Hi Jim,
Yes, the pcscd thing seems to be a common theme - I'm not sure why it's grabbing the device, but only on certain systems - for instance, I'm not seeing it happening on either of my Macs. As far as I've been able to discover, the pcscd driver should release any devices it finds that aren't smartcards after a small period, but this doesn't appear to be happening.

I need to look into it further.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart
Yellow Field Technologies Ltd

lvp

Post by lvp »

Hello,

I encountered the same problem and I found that the XML file Info.pList of the driver SLAB_USBToUART is not well formed! The header is like that :

<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC \"-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN\" \"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd\">
<plist version=\"1.0\">

But it must be like that (Without backslash on properties):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">

So I made these steps on a console:

1. Login under root with "su" command, and enter the password. you can find some tutorials for enable root user on MacOSX with google

2. edit the file Info.plist : "nano /System/Library/Extensions/SLAB_USBtoUART.kext/Contents/Info.plist"

3. delete backslashes and save the file

4. reload the driver : "kextload /System/Library/Extensions/SLAB_USBtoUART.kext"
(Now there isn't any error with this command)

5. Global rescan with "touch /System/Library/Extensions"

6. Wait few seconds and plug the PCPod and .... it works :) A new Serial interface appear : display it with "ls /dev/tty.SLAB_USBToUART*"

Now I'm able to download from my new T3C Suunto (I tried it and it works), so I will evaluate your software as son as possible ;) It seem's better than Training Manager Lite...

Hope this helps

PS : Sorry for my english ;)

Bye bye

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart »

lvp wrote:Hello,

I encountered the same problem and I found that the XML file Info.pList of the driver SLAB_USBToUART is not well formed! The header is like that :

<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC \"-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN\" \"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd\">
<plist version=\"1.0\">

But it must be like that (Without backslash on properties):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">

So I made these steps on a console:

1. Login under root with "su" command, and enter the password. you can find some tutorials for enable root user on MacOSX with google

2. edit the file Info.plist : "nano /System/Library/Extensions/SLAB_USBtoUART.kext/Contents/Info.plist"

3. delete backslashes and save the file

4. reload the driver : "kextload /System/Library/Extensions/SLAB_USBtoUART.kext"
(Now there isn't any error with this command)

5. Global rescan with "touch /System/Library/Extensions"

6. Wait few seconds and plug the PCPod and .... it works :) A new Serial interface appear : display it with "ls /dev/tty.SLAB_USBToUART*"

Now I'm able to download from my new T3C Suunto (I tried it and it works), so I will evaluate your software as son as possible ;) It seem's better than Training Manager Lite...

Hope this helps

PS : Sorry for my english ;)

Bye bye

Thanks for that! I'l look into it a bit more and update the driver.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hello.

I've test the command, and It work for me too.

I can download my T3C log with ismartrrain.

The PC Pod is recognized as "CP2101 USB to UART Bridge controller" in Airport. I don't know if it's strange but it works fine.
I'll finally be able to test the soft.

Thanks for your help.

cabbott

Post by cabbott »

Hello,

I am using os 10.6.2 and ismarttrain beta 15. I have downloaded the drivers from the website for the Sunnto T6c. The watch face has "pc interface" when connected. Despite this, I get an error message when I try unsuccessfully to download the data ("download the driver" message). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - I'm an ismarttrain fan.

Thanks,
Chris

Joost1972

Post by Joost1972 »

Hi Stuart,

I downloaded the version 3.0.6 beta 15, and I'm not able to download the data from the Suunto T6C, but I;m able to select the Suunto from the menu. I also installed the serial cable drives. What is going wrong?

Joost