New Beta with Suunto Support

Discussions on Suunto's Range of Heart Rate Monitors
Stuart
Site Admin

New Beta with Suunto Support

Post by Stuart » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:43 pm

Hi Guys,
The latest beta release, V3.0.6 Beta 6, has support for the Suunto T3, T4 & T6 models - see our latest blog posting for more details: http://www.ismarttrain.com/blog/

Regards

Stuart
OTAG Technologies Ltd

Lee

Re: New Beta with Suunto Support

Post by Lee » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:48 pm

Hi,

I'm currently evaluating your product. I'm specifically interested in the Suunto T3C support. I've downloaded the package and the drivers and installed. When I select the download option, I don't see the Suunto T3C as an option. Have I done something incorrect?

Cheers, Lee.

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:39 pm

Lee wrote:Hi,

I'm currently evaluating your product. I'm specifically interested in the Suunto T3C support. I've downloaded the package and the drivers and installed. When I select the download option, I don't see the Suunto T3C as an option. Have I done something incorrect?

Cheers, Lee.

Are you using V3.0.6 Beta 8? It's available here - http://www.ismarttrain.com/Beta/

The Suunto options should be displayed when you select a serial port in the 'Ports' menu - the Suunto PC Pod presents itself to the Mac as a serial device.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart
OTAG Technologies Ltd

jaimieblagg

Post by jaimieblagg » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:33 pm

Hi,

Simple quesiton were do I download the PC Pod drivers? (I have the latest Beta running at the moment)

My pc pod is due to arrive tomorrow so I would like to get up a running soon as..

Thanks,
Jaimie

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:44 pm

jaimieblagg wrote:Hi,

Simple quesiton were do I download the PC Pod drivers? (I have the latest Beta running at the moment)

My pc pod is due to arrive tomorrow so I would like to get up a running soon as..

Thanks,
Jaimie

http://www.ismarttrain.com/drivers/

Phil Hughes

Post by Phil Hughes » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:17 pm

Hi Stuart

I've downloaded the beta14 software & the T3c drivers, I have the pc pod plugged directly into my mac & the watch searches & doesn't connect.

When trying to download data, T3C appears as an option under serial port1, not USB. USB only has Garmin products as an option - is this the problem? I'd really like to get the software running, because having a Suunto & no download capability because I'm a Mac user is so frustrating.

Hope you can help.

Regards

Phil

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:56 am

Phil Hughes wrote:Hi Stuart

I've downloaded the beta14 software & the T3c drivers, I have the pc pod plugged directly into my mac & the watch searches & doesn't connect.

When trying to download data, T3C appears as an option under serial port1, not USB. USB only has Garmin products as an option - is this the problem? I'd really like to get the software running, because having a Suunto & no download capability because I'm a Mac user is so frustrating.

Hope you can help.

Regards

Phil

Hi Phil,
The PC Pod is a serial device - it'll appear in the popup list of ports if the driver is correctly installed. You'll porbably need to have the PC Pod plugged directly into your Mac, not through a USB hub.

The USB option is for devices which directly connect to the USB port, such as the Garmin Edge 705.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

Phil Hughes

Post by Phil Hughes » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:37 pm

Hi Stuart

Thanks for the reply; I've got it plugged directly into the mac & selected serial port & T3c appears as an option. I select it & then push the button on the watch for PC connectivity. It searches for a few seconds and then reports no pc conn.

I've reloaded the drivers & checked it the mac reports pc pod on the usb, so appears to be working. I've also shifted it around different ports and also had the watch right next to the pc pod, rebooted the computer etc.

Any other suggestions?

Regards

Phil

Dee

Post by Dee » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:26 pm

Hello Hello,

I Have a problem too.
My mac is on 10.6, and I download your lastest version (3.0.6 beta14).
The PC Pod plugged directly on an usb mac port.

I've installed your PC Pod driver, but I have only "USB" & "Sonylink" in popup list of ports and watch searches say "no pc conn".

What can I do step by step for connect my watch to your application?

Hope you can help.

Dee

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:42 pm

Dee wrote:Hello Hello,

I Have a problem too.
My mac is on 10.6, and I download your lastest version (3.0.6 beta14).
The PC Pod plugged directly on an usb mac port.

I've installed your PC Pod driver, but I have only "USB" & "Sonylink" in popup list of ports and watch searches say "no pc conn".

What can I do step by step for connect my watch to your application?

Hope you can help.

Dee

Sounds like some other driver is loading for the PC Pod - what's the Sonylink for?

Thanks & Regards

Stuart
Yellow Field Technologies Ltd