My Suunto T4 and iMac...

Discussions on Suunto's Range of Heart Rate Monitors
Nightowl4933

My Suunto T4 and iMac...

Post by Nightowl4933 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:11 pm

...don't seem to want to talk to each other, and I haven't seen a recent post to suggest it might :-(

In trialling this software, I was rather hoping I could dispense with my PC software altogether, so would someone be able to tell me - in very simple terms! - how to do this, please?

I have installed iSMARTtrain version 3.0.8 and installed the Suunto drivers (from the links provided) but I get the error:

"Could not connect to Suunto device. Please ensure that you have installed the drivers for the Suunto..." etc.

The log is pasted below:

74333 - Log File Opened
74416 - SuuntoFunctions:initHandles
74417 - ./libSuuntoPropertySDK.dylib registered!
74417 - SuuntoFunctions:StartSDK
74417 - SuuntoFunctions:mPROPERTYSDK_GetPropertySize
74417 - SuuntoFunctions:mPROPERTYSDK_GetPropertyInfo
74417 - SuuntoFunctions:mPROPERTYSDK_GetProperty
74417 - Requested: VERSION, Received: 2.0
74417 - SuuntoFunctions:mPROPERTYSDK_GetProperty
74417 - Requested: DEVICES, Received: T6;T3;T4;SMARTBELT;X6;X6HR;MEMBELT
74418 - SuuntoFunctions:mPROPERTYSDK_GetProperty
74418 - Requested: ALLPROPERTIES, Received: ALLPROPERTIES;ALTITUDESAMPLES;BATTERYSTATUS;CADENCESAMPLES;CHECKCONNECTION;CSPVERSION;DEVICEMODEL;DEVICENAME;DEVICES;DEVICETIME;DISTANCESAMPLES;ENERGYSAMPLES;EPOCSAMPLES;HISTORY_HIGHESTPOINT;HISTORY_HIGHESTTIME;HISTORY_HRABOVELIMITS;HISTORY_HRBELOWLIMITS;HISTORY_INSIDELIMITS;HISTORY_RESET;HISTORY_RESETTIME;HISTORY_TOTALASCENT;HISTORY_TOTALDESCENT;HISTORY_TOTALDISTANCE;HISTORY_TOTALDURATION;HRSAMPLES;IBISAMPLES;LAPALTITUDES;LAPASCENTS;LAPAVEHRS;LAPAVESPEEDS;LAPCADENCE;LAPCOUNT;LAPDESCENTS;LAPDISTANCES;LAPHRS;LAPMAXSPEED;LAPTIMES;LAPTYPES;LOGACTIVITYCLASS;LOGASCENTALTITUDE;LOGASCENTTIME;LOGAVECADENCE;LOGAVERAGESPEED;LOGCALORIES;LOGCOUNT;LOGDELETE;LOGDESCENTALTITUDE;LOGDESCENTTIME;LOGDISTANCE;LOGDURATION;LOGDURATIONS;LOGEPOC;LOGHIGHALTITUDE;LOGHIGHALTITUDETIME;LOGHRAVG;LOGHRLIMITHIGH;LOGHRLIMITLOW;LOGHRMAX;LOGHRMIN;LOGHRZONE1;LOGHRZONE2;LOGHRZONE3;LOGHRZONE4;LOGINDEX;LOGLOWALTITUDE;LOGLOWALTITUDETIME;LOGMAXSPEED;LOGSAMPLERATE;LOGTIME;LOGTIMEABOVELIMITS;LOGTIMEABOVEZONE4;LOGTIMEBELOWLIMITS;LOGTIMEBELOWZONE1;LOGTIMEINSIDELIMITS;LOGTIMEINZONE1;LOGTIMEINZONE2;LOGTIMEINZONE3;LOGTIMES;LOGTRAININGEFFECT;LOGUSEHRLIMITS;MEMORYSTATUS;PORT;PORTDESCRIPTOR;SERIALNUMBER;SETTINGS_ACTIVITYCLASS;SETTINGS_AGE;SETTINGS_ALTITUDEUNIT;SETTINGS_BIRTHYEAR;SETTINGS_CLOCKMODE;SETTINGS_DATEMODE;SETTINGS_DISTANCEUNIT;SETTINGS_FREELOGSWARNING;SETTINGS_GENDER;SETTINGS_HEIGHT;SETTINGS_HEIGHTUNIT;SETTINGS_HISTORYHRHIGHLIMIT;SETTINGS_HISTORYHRLOWLIMIT;SETTINGS_HISTORYHRMINLIMIT;SETTINGS_HRHIGHLIMIT;SETTINGS_HRLIMITALARM;SETTINGS_HRLOWLIMIT;SETTINGS_HRMAX;SETTINGS_HRMIN;SETTINGS_HRUNIT;SETTINGS_HRZONE1;SETTINGS_HRZONE2;SETTINGS_HRZONE3;SETTINGS_HRZONE4;SETTINGS_IBISTOREPOLICY;SETTINGS_ICONS;SETTINGS_LIGHTS;SETTINGS_MEMORYFREEWARNING;SETTINGS_METS;SETTINGS_PERSONALDATA;SETTINGS_PRESSUREUNIT;SETTINGS_SPEEDPODUNIT_1;SETTINGS_SPEEDPODUNIT_2;SETTINGS_SPEEDPODUNIT_3;SETTINGS_SPEEDPODUNIT_4;SETTINGS_SPEEDUNIT;SETTINGS_STORE;SETTINGS_STOREINTERVAL;SETTINGS_STORE_ALTITUDE;SETTINGS_STORE_CADENCE;SETTINGS_STORE_CALORIES;SETTINGS_STORE_DISTANCE;SETTINGS_STORE_EPOC;SETTINGS_STORE_R-R;SETTINGS_STORE_TEMPERATURE;SETTINGS_TEMPERATUREUNIT;SETTINGS_TONES;SETTINGS_TRAININGLEVEL;SETTINGS_USERNAME;SETTINGS_VERTCALSPEEDUNIT;SETTINGS_WEIGHT;SETTINGS_WEIGHTUNIT;SWVERSION;TEMPSAMPLES;TIVERSION;VERSION
74522 - SuuntoFunctions:mPROPERTYSDK_OpenDevice
74522 - SuuntoFunctions:mPROPERTYSDK_OpenDevice failed.
74594 - SuuntoFunctions:mPROPERTYSDK_Close

Thank you,

Peter

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: My Suunto T4 and iMac...

Post by Stuart » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:55 am

Hi Peter,
There's still some issues with the Suunto devices and the latest release, hence the reason we don't list Suunto as compatible on our website. It will work for one customer, but not another with identical hardware, and we haven't been able to get to the bottom of the problem.

We're working on a fix for this in the next major release, as we're completely rewriting the download code, but it's still a few months off.

Regards

Stuart

Nightowl4933

Post by Nightowl4933 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:46 pm

OK, I understand these things!

I'll wait and keep an eye on the forum until I hear some good news.

Thank you,

Pete

Nightowl4933

Post by Nightowl4933 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Hi Stuart,

Any news yet, please?

Still hanging in there...

Pete