Problems downloading / importing

Discussions on Garmin's Edge and ForeRunner Devices
JockePQ

Problems downloading / importing

Post by JockePQ » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:47 pm

Hello,

I'm a new Mac user and are looking for a training program that fulfills my need. iSmartTrain looks very promising, but I have some problems downloading / importing files from my Garmintc FR305:

- Downloading: I can only download "empty" files from my watch (when I have simply started and stopped the watch at home. Files with more info from real training doesn't show up in the list.

- Importing old .gpx files: I find the files, but when trying to import them i get an error list and the program aborts.

- I also tried to start iSmartTrain with example training, but that doesn't work. The program reports error and aborts.

Please help me, I would really like to use this program.

Regards,
Johan

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Problems downloading / importing

Post by Stuart » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:47 pm

JockePQ wrote:Hello,

I'm a new Mac user and are looking for a training program that fulfills my need. iSmartTrain looks very promising, but I have some problems downloading / importing files from my Garmintc FR305:

- Downloading: I can only download "empty" files from my watch (when I have simply started and stopped the watch at home. Files with more info from real training doesn't show up in the list.

- Importing old .gpx files: I find the files, but when trying to import them i get an error list and the program aborts.

- I also tried to start iSmartTrain with example training, but that doesn't work. The program reports error and aborts.

Please help me, I would really like to use this program.

Regards,
Johan

Hi Johan,
Can you try the latest Beta version, please, as we've made a lot of improvements to the Garmin and GPX code in these releases.

http://www.ismarttrain.com/Beta/

Regards

Stuart