Polar RS800cx and MAC OS

Discussions on the Polar range of Heart Rate Monitors
lstelie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: La Celle Saint-Cloud (Paris - France)
Contact:

Re: Polar RS800cx and MAC OS

Post by lstelie » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:29 pm

Hello StuartI have a corrsponding Belkin

Could you post the settings you use (there is no rs800 in any device settings)
MacBook Pro 15" 2,5Ghz core 2 duo
OS X 10.5.4
iSmartTrain v3.0
Polar RS800sd

lstelie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: La Celle Saint-Cloud (Paris - France)
Contact:

Re: Polar RS800cx and MAC OS

Post by lstelie » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:30 pm

Hello Stuart

I have a belkin F5U230
Which IST settings did you use ?
- Under USB I have nothing
- Under iRDA I have s610 s625 s710 s725... but no rs800

Thanks
MacBook Pro 15" 2,5Ghz core 2 duo
OS X 10.5.4
iSmartTrain v3.0
Polar RS800sd

centrex
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: Polar RS800cx and MAC OS

Post by centrex » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:27 pm

>> The Belkin adaptor we've got working has the model number F5U230.

>>More details are here - http://tinyurl.com/dnfax5

>> I'm not sure if this model is still currently available - I bought my one some years ago.


Stuart,

I have the same adapter. What OS X Snow Leopard software is needed to deploy this Belkin adapter? Do you have a link or could you please email the software to me.

Thanks

Centrex

Stuart
Site Admin
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:15 pm

Re: Polar RS800cx and MAC OS

Post by Stuart » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:41 pm

centrex wrote:>> The Belkin adaptor we've got working has the model number F5U230.

>>More details are here - http://tinyurl.com/dnfax5

>> I'm not sure if this model is still currently available - I bought my one some years ago.


Stuart,

I have the same adapter. What OS X Snow Leopard software is needed to deploy this Belkin adapter? Do you have a link or could you please email the software to me.

Thanks

Centrex


You don't need any additional software - the driver is built into Mac OS X.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart
Yellow Field Technologies Ltd

jma
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:11 pm

Re: Polar RS800cx and MAC OS

Post by jma » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:17 pm

I have a Belkin R5U230 and am trying to set it up on my macbook. However I don't see Belkin listed as an available vendor from the iRDA list. Is it still supported in Snow Leopard? Stuart you mentioned it should be built-in so what do you have selected in the network settings for the iRDA?

Stuart
Site Admin
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:15 pm

Re: Polar RS800cx and MAC OS

Post by Stuart » Thu May 06, 2010 9:05 pm

jma wrote:I have a Belkin R5U230 and am trying to set it up on my macbook. However I don't see Belkin listed as an available vendor from the iRDA list. Is it still supported in Snow Leopard? Stuart you mentioned it should be built-in so what do you have selected in the network settings for the iRDA?


Hi,
The supported device is an F5U230, not an R5U230 - the device is supported by Apple's own drivers and works (at least the drivers load) in 10.6.

Regards

Stuart

Philip
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:58 pm

Re: Polar RS800cx and MAC OS

Post by Philip » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:18 pm

Hi
A year later than previous posts on this subject. Is anyone aware of Polar making progress on this issue?

Caesar
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:17 pm

Re: Polar RS800cx and MAC OS

Post by Caesar » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:28 pm

Hi there,
I just downloaded the iSmarttrain SW to my iMac and first plugged in the Polar IR dtik - no success (MOSCHIP). Then I read in this forum that the Belkin F5U230 should work and luckily I found such a device in my "old computer parts box".
BUT: nothing is working...
The iMac has OSX 10.5.8 and found an Apple device driver for the Belkin device. But iSmarttrain does still just list under USB some Garmin devices, under Sonic some older Polar devices. What am I missing??

Thanks for advices!
Caesar

Stuart
Site Admin
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:15 pm

Re: Polar RS800cx and MAC OS

Post by Stuart » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:19 pm

Caesar wrote:Hi there,
I just downloaded the iSmarttrain SW to my iMac and first plugged in the Polar IR dtik - no success (MOSCHIP). Then I read in this forum that the Belkin F5U230 should work and luckily I found such a device in my "old computer parts box".
BUT: nothing is working...
The iMac has OSX 10.5.8 and found an Apple device driver for the Belkin device. But iSmarttrain does still just list under USB some Garmin devices, under Sonic some older Polar devices. What am I missing??

Thanks for advices!
Caesar


Hi,
When the Belkin device is plugged in, you should see 'IrDA' listed in the 'Ports' menu. Select that, and you'll see 'RS800' listed as a device.

Regards

Stuart

Caesar
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:17 pm

Re: Polar RS800cx and MAC OS

Post by Caesar » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:14 pm

Hi Stuart, It did not work yesterday, but after a resume from sleep mode it worked today - computers are strange...
Thanks for the answer

Post Reply