Polar FT80 and FlowLink - Does it work with iSMARTtrain.com

Discussions on the Polar range of Heart Rate Monitors
Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Polar FT80 and FlowLink - Does it work with iSMARTtrain.

Post by Stuart » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:10 pm

kcamdenesq wrote:No dice for me. Now I admit I have no flippin' idea of what an FTDI file is, but I plug in the flow link, put the FT80 on it, set the FF80/flowlink, but it is not detected. How does one get the device to be detected?

Err... Where does the FTDI bit come into it? For Flowlink you just plug in the interface, and it'll appear in the list of ports. If you don't see it, go into the System Profiler ('Apple Menu' -> 'About this Mac' -> 'More Info...') and see if your Mac has detected it as a USB device. You may need to plug it directly into your Mac, rather than through a hub such as your keyboard.

Regards

Stuart

CJMWHU

Post by CJMWHU » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Just plugged the Flowlink into my MBP, aligned my FT80 on it and downloaded all of my sessions. Simples!!! Great work iSMART boffs. You have gone where the Polar guys should have gone years ago! Do they know just how the world is moving to Apple in droves? Guess not!!!

Mojee

Post by Mojee » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:25 pm

Hi there very clever people....so glad I found you and are now able to at least download workout files to my Mac......I do have a question though....with the FT80 I am able to set up strength training exercises. Do I enter this through the "polar personal trainer" site and will it transfer to my monitor or am I just dreaming ????? Do I need to wait for polar to get their act together to be able to do this ???????? I'm sure you have guessed by now that I am not very tech savvy !!!!

Thanks again for being very clever. Cheers Jo :P

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:28 pm

Mojee wrote:Hi there very clever people....so glad I found you and are now able to at least download workout files to my Mac......I do have a question though....with the FT80 I am able to set up strength training exercises. Do I enter this through the "polar personal trainer" site and will it transfer to my monitor or am I just dreaming ????? Do I need to wait for polar to get their act together to be able to do this ???????? I'm sure you have guessed by now that I am not very tech savvy !!!!

Thanks again for being very clever. Cheers Jo :P

At the moment, we don't support this, but we will at some point in a future release.

Regards

Stuart

Mojee

Post by Mojee » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:26 am