Confusion about available interfaces for syncing 725x

Discussions on the Polar range of Heart Rate Monitors
bam93

Confusion about available interfaces for syncing 725x

Post by bam93 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:32 pm

Hi,

I just purchased a Polar 725x after having determined that it should be nicely supported by iSMARTtrain. The only thing I didn't realize is that the IR-Serial adapter by Polar is nowhere to be purchased any more...

So is there currently another way/shortcut/alternative to sync the 725x model with iSMARTtrain? I have seen there are new drivers for Polar-IR-USB2 in the making (current beta for RS800). Will this device/interface also work for 725x?

If not, is there any magic way to still purchase, exchange or whatever the serial-USB interface?

Thanks in advance,
Bam93

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Confusion about available interfaces for syncing 725x

Post by Stuart » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:50 pm

bam93 wrote:Hi,

I just purchased a Polar 725x after having determined that it should be nicely supported by iSMARTtrain. The only thing I didn't realize is that the IR-Serial adapter by Polar is nowhere to be purchased any more...

So is there currently another way/shortcut/alternative to sync the 725x model with iSMARTtrain? I have seen there are new drivers for Polar-IR-USB2 in the making (current beta for RS800). Will this device/interface also work for 725x?

If not, is there any magic way to still purchase, exchange or whatever the serial-USB interface?

Thanks in advance,
Bam93

Hi,
At the moment, the Serial-IR interface is the only way to download from the S725x. At some point in the future we MAY support the USB2-IR adaptor for the S725x & S625x.

Best bet is to look for one on eBay.

Regards

Stuart

ElPinkero

Post by ElPinkero » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:45 am

I have had an S725x for some years now (about four? five?) and that whole time have been running windows with Polar USB IR device that came with it. It's the old fat white IR reader. I recently switched to mac and now can't download. I tried the alternate download method but it tells me "Open Serial Failed" and that's the end of the story. It then sits awaiting data until I cancel it...

Is this an unsupported IR device for iST? Reading this thread I thought it was the one you were talking about as being needed, unless I've done something wrong...

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:55 am

ElPinkero wrote:I have had an S725x for some years now (about four? five?) and that whole time have been running windows with Polar USB IR device that came with it. It's the old fat white IR reader. I recently switched to mac and now can't download. I tried the alternate download method but it tells me "Open Serial Failed" and that's the end of the story. It then sits awaiting data until I cancel it...

Is this an unsupported IR device for iST? Reading this thread I thought it was the one you were talking about as being needed, unless I've done something wrong...

Hi,
you need the hardware described here - http://www.ismarttrain.com/hardware.php

No other interfaces are supported at this time.

Regards

Stuart