Import sessions problem (V2 to V3.0.4)

Discussions on the Polar range of Heart Rate Monitors
RayG

Import sessions problem (V2 to V3.0.4)

Post by RayG » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:56 am

After ditching V3 when it first came out due to data scrambling issues, I downloaded V3.0.4 when it seemed they had been fixed. Now there's a new problem.

On opening V3.0.4 for the first time, it automatically opened my sessions file I had had in V2. I assume this was because I had previously used this in V3 before I ditched it.

But it only displayed those sessions up until the date I had deleted V3, not those I have downloaded since then.

No problems? File>Import Sessions> iSMARTtrain v2.0 file... Except, it would only let me try importing one at a time (!!??!!) and it wouldn't succeed in doing that anyway. I get the following error message: "The file '2008091602.hrm' is not a valid iSMARTtrain file and cannot be opened. No valid version flag was found for the file". I click on 'OK' and get a little box saying "Committing data to Database" and "Label:", but it just sits there and does nothing (apart from the little spiraling blue barber pole). It has done this for every file I have tried it on.

Damn. Back to V2

Ray

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Import sessions problem (V2 to V3.0.4)

Post by Stuart » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:46 pm

RayG wrote:After ditching V3 when it first came out due to data scrambling issues, I downloaded V3.0.4 when it seemed they had been fixed. Now there's a new problem.

On opening V3.0.4 for the first time, it automatically opened my sessions file I had had in V2. I assume this was because I had previously used this in V3 before I ditched it.

But it only displayed those sessions up until the date I had deleted V3, not those I have downloaded since then.

Yes, it'll have opened the database file from the last time you used V3.0

RayG wrote:But it only displayed those sessions up until the date I had deleted V3, not those I have downloaded since then.

V3.0 uses a different storage medium to V2.0.3

RayG wrote:No problems? File>Import Sessions> iSMARTtrain v2.0 file... Except, it would only let me try importing one at a time (!!??!!) and it wouldn't succeed in doing that anyway. I get the following error message: "The file '2008091602.hrm' is not a valid iSMARTtrain file and cannot be opened. No valid version flag was found for the file". I click on 'OK' and get a little box saying "Committing data to Database" and "Label:", but it just sits there and does nothing (apart from the little spiraling blue barber pole). It has done this for every file I have tried it on.

You're selecting the wrong file - you're selecting .hrm files, correct? This feature is for importing V2.0 log files (.tlg), hence the reason you get a message about the file format being wrong. If you want to import .hrm files, select 'Import .hrm files' from the 'Import' menu - you'll be able to select multiple files.

Hope that helps,

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

RayG

Post by RayG » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:27 am

That worked, sort of.

It changed all the newly imported data from cycling to running.
It changed all the average speeds of the newly imported data from kph to mpm (but the numbers remained the same). I was able to fix this by simply changing the default speed in running to kph, but I expect I'll have to manually change 2 months' data from running to cycling.
It lost all the equipment data for everything (I may have had slightly different equipment names when I first set up v3 back in July). Again, I'll have to manually change, but 6 months' data this time.
It lost all the the newly imported route name data . Manual changes again.

I tried deleting the new data from the diary, but it wouldn't be deleted. It seemed to think it was deleting it, but it stayed in the diary.

I tried to trick it by deleting V3 from my Applications folder, then putting my HRM data folder in the trash and re-installing v3, but it remembered.

Ray

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:35 am

RayG wrote:That worked, sort of.

It changed all the newly imported data from cycling to running.
It changed all the average speeds of the newly imported data from kph to mpm (but the numbers remained the same). I was able to fix this by simply changing the default speed in running to kph, but I expect I'll have to manually change 2 months' data from running to cycling.
It lost all the equipment data for everything (I may have had slightly different equipment names when I first set up v3 back in July). Again, I'll have to manually change, but 6 months' data this time.
It lost all the the newly imported route name data . Manual changes again.

You imported the .hrm file, yes? These files don't contain information about the sport or route - they only contain the heart rate data.

RayG wrote:I tried deleting the new data from the diary, but it wouldn't be deleted. It seemed to think it was deleting it, but it stayed in the diary.

I tried to trick it by deleting V3 from my Applications folder, then putting my HRM data folder in the trash and re-installing v3, but it remembered.

Ray

To delete all the data in V3.0, delete the database - it's in ~/Library/Application Support/iSMARTtrain/iSMARTtrain.db

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

RayG

Post by RayG » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:36 pm

Stuart

That's a considerable improvement. This time I just imported the v2 sessions diary file.

However, the equipment data still didn't come across.

I re-deleted the v3 database file and re-opened V3. I then created the same five equipment names in v3 as I had in v2 and re-imported the v2 sessions diary file.

Hardly any of the equipment data came across and the total numbers of uses and total distances are differently given when I open up different sessions.

Ray