USING MACBOOK WITH ISMARTTRAIN

Discussions on the Polar range of Heart Rate Monitors
Ross

USING MACBOOK WITH ISMARTTRAIN

Post by Ross » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:25 pm

I have just purchased a MacBook with Leopard, purchased the keyspan serial adapter and the serial IR interface for polar HRMs. What's the trick to get this to work with a S625X?

I am trying the alternate method, but only have two choices for serial port; Bluetooth-PDA-Sync or Bluetooth-modem. Shouldn't there be another to choose from to get the serial IR adapter to work.
Ross

Ross

Re: USING MACBOOK WITH ISMARTTRAIN

Post by Ross » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:24 pm

Disregard....helps if you install the driver.

markshoup

Post by markshoup » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:58 am

Where do get the driver's for the IR Comm for a Mac,
thanks

Ross

Post by Ross » Tue May 12, 2009 7:43 am

To use the ir interface function of my polar s625x, I had to purchase the polar ir interface with the serial connecton, not the usb type I used in windows. You will then need to get a serial to usb adapter, I got one from Keyspan. I think the adapter came with the driver, if not, I googled the driver until I found it, cant remember.
Ross

Rob Hall

Post by Rob Hall » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:09 am

To use the ir interface function of my polar s625x, I had to purchase the polar ir interface with the serial connecton, not the usb type I used in windows. You will then need to get a serial to usb adapter, I got one from Keyspan. I think the adapter came with the driver, if not, I googled the driver until I found it, cant remember.

Dear Stuart it would be great if you could remember. this problem is the only one that is stopping me using ismarttrain and I have not got a clear answer from Ismarttrain support. Is it possible that you could treat me like a simpleton and give me as much information as you can.
thanks Rob

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:28 am

Rob Hall wrote:To use the ir interface function of my polar s625x, I had to purchase the polar ir interface with the serial connecton, not the usb type I used in windows. You will then need to get a serial to usb adapter, I got one from Keyspan. I think the adapter came with the driver, if not, I googled the driver until I found it, cant remember.

Dear Stuart it would be great if you could remember. this problem is the only one that is stopping me using ismarttrain and I have not got a clear answer from Ismarttrain support. Is it possible that you could treat me like a simpleton and give me as much information as you can.
thanks Rob

Hi Rob,
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking for here - are you looking for the driver for your USB-Serial adaptor? What's the manufacturer and model number?

Regards

Stuart