Strange Times on Data Graph and Session Details

Discussions on the Polar range of Heart Rate Monitors
rcrider13

Strange Times on Data Graph and Session Details

Post by rcrider13 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:11 am

Version: 3.0.8 Beta 3
Device: Polar S520

When I upload my data the HR zone distribution graph in the "Session Details" plane does not show the correct times based on the workout length. I have attached two screen shots which show workouts of 30 min but the total time on HR Zone breakdown is greater than 30 min.

Another strange thing is that when I go to the "Data Graph" the total time in the graph will be greater than the exercise time. I have attached another screen shot of this.

Is this an issue with my HRM, an issue with the sample time on the HRM, or a software issue?

Thanks for the help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Strange Times on Data Graph and Session Details

Post by Stuart » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:38 pm

Hi,
This is caused by the way that the S520 changes the recording interval as the duration of the session increases. The same bug will also happen with sessions that are a few seconds longer that 1 hour as well. So far, we haven't managed to work-around it, and it's looking unlikely that we will without input from Polar, which isn't likely to happen.

The "fix" (if I can call it that), for the moment, is to make sure that your sessions are not within a few seconds of 30 minutes or 60 minutes in length.

Regards

Stuart

rcrider13 wrote:Version: 3.0.8 Beta 3
Device: Polar S520

When I upload my data the HR zone distribution graph in the "Session Details" plane does not show the correct times based on the workout length. I have attached two screen shots which show workouts of 30 min but the total time on HR Zone breakdown is greater than 30 min.

Another strange thing is that when I go to the "Data Graph" the total time in the graph will be greater than the exercise time. I have attached another screen shot of this.

Is this an issue with my HRM, an issue with the sample time on the HRM, or a software issue?

Thanks for the help.