Polar RS400 & Moschip USB

Discussions on the Polar range of Heart Rate Monitors
Magsy

Polar RS400 & Moschip USB

Post by Magsy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:08 pm

Hi all,

I have recently bought an RS400, but foolishly didn't check if it was possible to use this with my old USB-serial setup that I used (perfectly) with my s725x, ... you can't

Second mistake was buying a USB stick from eBay which turns out to be of the Moschip variety and not the SigmaTel chipset. Are all of the black USB sticks moschip, and all of the silver ones StigmaTel?

So, is there anyway that I can get my RS400, a Moschip IR USB and iSmartTrain all singing off the same hymn sheet?

Or, if I do purchase a silver USB, will this work with the RS400/iSmartTrain/SigmaTel combo? - or is there a better combo?

Any help, answers greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Eoghan

Take home message... look before you leap!

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Polar RS400 & Moschip USB

Post by Stuart » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:44 pm

Hi,
If you can track down a sigmatel unit, it should work although all the testing I've done has been with an RS800. if the data can be transferred successfully, then decoding it should be fairly straight-forward.

My sigmatel interface is gold in colour, but I believe that the later units were silver. The Moschip drivers don't (at least the last time I checked) work correctly. Unfortunately, they're not willing to open-source them (even though they appear to be based on Apple's code).

Regards

Stuart

Magsy

Re: Ploar RS400 & Moschip USB

Post by Magsy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:48 pm

Great,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try and track down a polar usb with a SigmaTel chipset and see how I get on.

I'll post back on here letting people know the results.

Thanks,

Eoghan