Heart-rate Line Graph with MacBook Pro and RS200

Discussions on the Polar range of Heart Rate Monitors
chrisready

Heart-rate Line Graph with MacBook Pro and RS200

Post by chrisready » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:19 am

I just started using a Polar RS200 Heart Rate Monitor. After using the advice I found here, I was able to connect the monitor with my Mac. It looks like all the data transfers, but when I use the graphing function to try to see my Heart Rate (y-axis) vs time (x-axis), I just get one red verticle line at the end point of my workout that goes straight from the bottom through the top (i.e. my workout data from yesterday shows I had no pulse for 47:48 minutes, and at the 47:49 point my pulse became a red line straight up through 220).
Any ideas on how to fix this? This is the main reason I bought the monitor and the software.
Thanks!
-Chris

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Heart-rate Line Graph with MacBook Pro and RS200

Post by Stuart » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:32 am

chrisready wrote:I just started using a Polar RS200 Heart Rate Monitor. After using the advice I found here, I was able to connect the monitor with my Mac. It looks like all the data transfers, but when I use the graphing function to try to see my Heart Rate (y-axis) vs time (x-axis), I just get one red verticle line at the end point of my workout that goes straight from the bottom through the top (i.e. my workout data from yesterday shows I had no pulse for 47:48 minutes, and at the 47:49 point my pulse became a red line straight up through 220).
Any ideas on how to fix this? This is the main reason I bought the monitor and the software.
Thanks!
-Chris

Hi Chris,
The RS200 doesn't record continuous HR data like, say the S625x or RS800. It only records the Average HR for each lap. What you're seeing (the red line) is the Lap Marker for the end of the session. If you go into the preferences and select the Average HR checkbox, you'll also see a line on the graph that shows your Average HR, but there's no way for us to show any more detail of the session, as it's simply not recorded.

Hope that helps,

Regards

Stuart

feleven

Re: Heart-rate Line Graph with MacBook Pro and RS200

Post by feleven » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:33 am

Chris, its a bit or a kludge, but can you hit your lap button every, say, 5 min or every half mile or some other regular interval while you workout? If you have enough laps built into the RS200 to cover your whole exercise period, at least you'll get AvgHR data for each of those segments - if I understood what Stuart said correctly (I don't use the RS200 so not sure what its capabilities are). Not sure why your AvgHR is a line going up above your average value - unless your avg HR IS 220.