Packet Errors while downloading

Discussions on the Polar range of Heart Rate Monitors
trekman

Packet Errors while downloading

Post by trekman » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:18 pm

I have a polar 625x that I have been using with iSMARTtrain for a few months now. However fairly often I get packet errors where it will say something like "Packet 2 error: Expected 1032 Bytes, got 1033 Bytes". It would usually start working if I just tried it again, but now won't download at all no matter what I try. I was just wondering if anyone else has the same problem / knows how to solve this.

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Packet Errors while downloading

Post by Stuart » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:06 am

trekman wrote:I have a polar 625x that I have been using with iSMARTtrain for a few months now. However fairly often I get packet errors where it will say something like "Packet 2 error: Expected 1032 Bytes, got 1033 Bytes". It would usually start working if I just tried it again, but now won't download at all no matter what I try. I was just wondering if anyone else has the same problem / knows how to solve this.

Hi,
This may be a sign that the battery in your S625x is starting to go flat. Using the IR transmission puts quite a load on the battery, and you may see this error occurring well before the low battery indicator on the watch screen appears.

Regards

Stuart