Importing HRM and PDD?

Discussions on the Polar range of Heart Rate Monitors
diyfiesta

Importing HRM and PDD?

Post by diyfiesta » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:37 am

Hi,

As a backup I have both .HRM and .PDD files from my Polar. When importing these, there seems to be a file of each type for the same exercise and two sessions get created in iSMARTtrain. The obvious difference is that one has the comment/note field in it.

Any tips or recommendations on whether to import both? I don't want to loose information but I don't want to artificially double my exercise count either.

Thanks

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Importing HRM and PDD?

Post by Stuart » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:34 pm

diyfiesta wrote:Hi,

As a backup I have both .HRM and .PDD files from my Polar. When importing these, there seems to be a file of each type for the same exercise and two sessions get created in iSMARTtrain. The obvious difference is that one has the comment/note field in it.

Any tips or recommendations on whether to import both? I don't want to loose information but I don't want to artificially double my exercise count either.

Thanks

Hi,
Are you seeing this in V3.0.6? If you have the .hrm file and the .pdd file in the same folder, you only need to import the .pdd file - it contains a reference to the .hrm file and should import it automatically.

Regards

Stuart

diyfiesta

Post by diyfiesta » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:48 pm

Great stuff, I'll give it a go.

The help file may be out of date as it talks about .hrms

diyfiesta

Post by diyfiesta » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:38 am

Not sure why you censored my reply but to say it again without a link to the PDD spec from Polar...

Does iSMARTTrain ignore some of the day values? for example, the happy/sad input temperature?

(not a very "open" forum if I can't talk about polar software / watching in the polar section...

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:37 am

diyfiesta wrote:Not sure why you censored my reply but to say it again without a link to the PDD spec from Polar...

Does iSMARTTrain ignore some of the day values? for example, the happy/sad input temperature?

(not a very "open" forum if I can't talk about polar software / watching in the polar section...

Whoops, sorry - that wasn't deliberate, I just clicked the wrong button and didn't notice. There's a massive amount of SPAM being posted to the forum at the moment, so it's sometimes difficult to see the "real" posts amongst the rubbish!

We ignore some of the values from PPP, as there's no equivalent place to put them in the structure of iSMARTtrain at the moment.

Regards

Stuart