Polar S 719i import not reliable

Discussions on the Polar range of Heart Rate Monitors
netracer

Polar S 719i import not reliable

Post by netracer » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:46 pm

I use the Polar S 710 i watch with the Polar interface (N2965 S/N M050720201496) and the Keyspan adapter. The connection is very unstable and it seems to become not better with the last updates.
The import window shows the “waiting for data” dialoque and the led in the adapter is blinking. But no data is received.
Trying it several times one of ten attempts may be succesful.
Actually it does not work at all why I write this comment.
Compared with other software on my computer I do not see any improvements for a long time. I am very sorry about the situation that makes less hope looking forward.

With best regards

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Polar S 719i import not reliable

Post by Stuart » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:40 pm

Hi,
Which method are you using for downloading? Are you starting the downloading manually from the watch (as per http://www.ismarttrain.com/articles/AlterDownload.php)?

If so, make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your keyspan, and ensure that you don't have any damaged cables, etc., as all the software does in this operation is to listen to the data that's being sent from the watch.

Regards

Stuart

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: Polar S 719i import not reliable

Post by Stuart » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:41 pm

Hi,
Can you try the latest beta (http://www.ismarttrain.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4347), please, to see if this improves the problem - I've made some changes to the serial code in this release, but, as I'm not having a problem downloading from Polar devices, I can't really test it.

Thanks & Regards

Stuart

netracer

Re: Polar S 710i import not reliable

Post by netracer » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:07 pm

Hi Stuart,

I use the normal download method that usually works but is not really stable. According to your suggestion I cutted off 10 cm of the cable and brazed it new with the polar adapter. If there was a cable break it is fixed now. The last import was succesful and I will keep my eyes on further experiences.
Often I get a message that a header of the polar 810 (?) could not be found in the data. Usually in a second attempt it then works.

Following the link to the last Beta version 23 I always get to the information that there is no Beta availible. How can I get the latest version and when you are going to release the final version?

With best regards

Jürgen