RS800cx Moschip IR USB and MacBook Pro

Discussions on the Polar range of Heart Rate Monitors
ardominguez

RS800cx Moschip IR USB and MacBook Pro

Post by ardominguez » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:25 pm

I had been backing up my data to my work pc, until I was laid off. My home computer is a Macbook Pro.

My watch is full, and I was hopeful there was a solution available on the mac, versus forcing me to buy a PC for the ability to download my data. I noticed in other postings that support for one (SigmaTel) of the 2 Polar USB2-IR interfaces is supported. I unfortunately have the MosChip chipset. Is there any recommendations (other IR devices or ??) or do I just need to buy a PC to support this?

thanks for any help.
angel

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: RS800cx Moschip IR USB and MacBook Pro

Post by Stuart » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:40 pm

ardominguez wrote:I had been backing up my data to my work pc, until I was laid off. My home computer is a Macbook Pro.

My watch is full, and I was hopeful there was a solution available on the mac, versus forcing me to buy a PC for the ability to download my data. I noticed in other postings that support for one (SigmaTel) of the 2 Polar USB2-IR interfaces is supported. I unfortunately have the MosChip chipset. Is there any recommendations (other IR devices or ??) or do I just need to buy a PC to support this?

thanks for any help.
angel

Hi,
The Moschip device doesn't work on the Mac (or rather, the drivers don't). A sigmatel device may work, as might a Belkin F5U230, if you can find one - this device has drivers built into Mac OS X.

Regards

Stuart