S-Series Hardware

Discussions on the Polar range of Heart Rate Monitors
diyfiesta

S-Series Hardware

Post by diyfiesta » Sun May 23, 2010 5:53 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm evaluating iSMARTtrain as I've recently moved from Windows to a Mac platform. I'm curious though, do I *really* need to buy the IR Serial interface *and* a USB adapter (serial to usb)? Its just the serial interface isn't manufactured anymore. So will the polar USB adapter not work at all? Are there any plans to support it? Seems odd if polar don't support it, iSMARTtrain does!

http://www.shoppolar.com/_polarususdens ... 2QQMUCJBU4

Thanks

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: S-Series Hardware

Post by Stuart » Sat May 29, 2010 3:30 pm

diyfiesta wrote:Hi Folks,

I'm evaluating iSMARTtrain as I've recently moved from Windows to a Mac platform. I'm curious though, do I *really* need to buy the IR Serial interface *and* a USB adapter (serial to usb)? Its just the serial interface isn't manufactured anymore. So will the polar USB adapter not work at all? Are there any plans to support it? Seems odd if polar don't support it, iSMARTtrain does!

http://www.shoppolar.com/_polarususdens ... 2QQMUCJBU4

Thanks

Hi,
Yes, you do need the IR-Serial adaptor and the USB-Serial interface. Nothing else will work. If you search the forum, you'll find a more complete story of why this is.

Regards

Stuart

diyfiesta

Post by diyfiesta » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:40 pm

Thanks, can you just tell me... if I use iSmartTrain with those bits, will I be able to save / export any new data collected with iSmartTrain to .hrm (or whatever the Polar standard is), so that if I have to, I can go back to the Polar software?

Thanks

Stuart
Site Admin

Post by Stuart » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:16 pm

diyfiesta wrote:Thanks, can you just tell me... if I use iSmartTrain with those bits, will I be able to save / export any new data collected with iSmartTrain to .hrm (or whatever the Polar standard is), so that if I have to, I can go back to the Polar software?

Thanks

Yes, you can export your data as .hrm files.

Regards

Stuart