RS800 transfer not showing data graph

Discussions on the Polar range of Heart Rate Monitors
tommyl

RS800 transfer not showing data graph

Post by tommyl » Sun May 16, 2010 2:51 am

I was able to download data from my RS800 to iSmarttrain. Looks like all the summary data is there (see attached screen cap). But there's nothing on the data table and there are no lines on the data graph. I'm using version 3.06 beta 19, along with the silver Polar IR USB adapter. I've downloaded and installed the driver from the ismarttrain site.

What am I missing here?

Thanks
Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stuart
Site Admin

Re: RS800 transfer not showing data graph

Post by Stuart » Sat May 29, 2010 3:32 pm

tommyl wrote:I was able to download data from my RS800 to iSmarttrain. Looks like all the summary data is there (see attached screen cap). But there's nothing on the data table and there are no lines on the data graph. I'm using version 3.06 beta 19, along with the silver Polar IR USB adapter. I've downloaded and installed the driver from the ismarttrain site.

What am I missing here?

Thanks
Tom

Hi Tom,
Should be working - I'll look into it. In the meantime, go to 'Recalc TRIMPs' in the 'edit' menu. Once that's run through all your sessions, the HR bar graph should appear.

Regards

Stuart

junior6791

Post by junior6791 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:13 pm

Tom and Stuart,

Curious which driver you used. My brother and I both have 800's and Macs and with Polar finally coming out with a Mac Websync, I thought we were golden. But of course, the websync is not supported for the 800.

So doing research I came across this site your your product. I d/l the driver listed for Polar devices from this site but it doesn't work, saying there are security issues.

So Tom what driver did you install? And did Stuart's response fix your graph issues?

I am using an iMac, Snow Leopard 10.6, and the Polar IR-USB cable that is black, not silver. Not sure if there is a difference.

Any responses would be appreciated. Thanks, Matt

Joe Düring

Post by Joe Düring » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:14 pm

Hi,

It seems Moschip finally came up with drivers for the 7780 chipset. The versions posted on their website is for 10.3-10.5. The leopard one installs under snowleopard. My MacBook recognizes the Polar USB-IrDA(Gold-Moschip 7780). Trying to conecct to the Polar RS 800 from system prefs->Network settings results in time out error. Trying to download data into Ismarttrain(V 3.0.6 Beta 20) results in a "no data recieved" error message after opening the IrDA port. Trying to connect through Add->New Session->Download shows the Serial port as IrDA-IrCOMM0 but the RS 800 does not show under device.

Another frustrating attempt... Anyone with a successfull transfer with this equipment/Driver ? Needs 10.6 driver or different settings ? Suggestions ?